Manchester City - West Brom Preview: Hosts look to stretch four-game unbeaten run over Baggies
Roberto Mancini's men will hope to bounce back from defeat to Arsenal at the weekend and continue their strong form at the Etihad Stadium against the Midlands side
By Simon Sinclair
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Barry, De Jong
Nasri, Silva, Johnson
Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgwell
Dorrans, Mulumbu, Scharner,Andrews, Brunt
Roberto Mancini will be without controversial striker Mario Balotelli after he received a red card in City’s loss to Arsenal on Sunday. Yaya Toure may also be unavailable as he was substituted in the first half against the Gunners with a knee injury. However, David Silva could be set to return to the fold following his absence due to a knee injury.
Roy Hodgson is likely to stick with the same team which beat Blackburn at the weekend but could opt to go with five in midfield against City, recalling Paul Scharner in place of Saturday’s goal scorer Marc Antoine-Fortune. Jerome Thomas could be fit to return although, due to the performance of Chris Brunt and Graham Dorrans at the weekend, Hodgson may opt to leave him on the bench.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- In 64 meetings between the sides in Manchester, City have won 38 times whilst West Brom have recorded victory 16 times and there have been 10 draws.
- The Baggies last win when playing away at City came in 2003 when they ran out 2-1 victors.
- Roberto Mancini’s side are unbeaten in their last four games against the Midlands outfit.
- City have dropped just two points at home all season, as they drew 3-3 with Sunderland last time out at the Etihad.
- West Brom have the best away record outside of the top six, taking 22 points from their 16 away games so far this campaign.
- City have won just one of their last five Premier League matches.
- Peter Odemwingie has gone six games without scoring, his second-leanest spell of the season.
- Sergio Aguero (pictured right) has only scored two goals from open play in 2012. He has scored four goals in total, though two were penalties.
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester City 0-1 West Bromwich
- 16.94 %
Manchester City 3-0 West Bromwich
- 16.47 %
Manchester City 1-2 West Bromwich
- 9.46 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||05-Dec-2013||West Bromwich 2 - Manchester City 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||08-May-2013||Manchester City 1 - West Bromwich 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||20-Oct-2012||West Bromwich 1 - Manchester City 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||12-Apr-2012||Manchester City 4 - West Bromwich 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||26-Dec-2011||West Bromwich 0 - Manchester City 0|
|07-Dec-2013||Southampton 1 - Manchester City 1||EPL|
|05-Dec-2013||West Bromwich 2 - Manchester City 3||EPL|
|01-Dec-2013||Manchester City 3 - Swansea City 0||EPL|
|28-Nov-2013||Manchester City 4 - FC Viktoria Plzeň 2||UCL|
|24-Nov-2013||Manchester City 6 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
|34||Nigel De Jong||Midfielder|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed