Tottenham - Wigan Preview: Latics have lost five of their last six games in all competitions
Roberto Martinez's team travel to White Hart Lane at the foot of the table and seven points worse off than at this stage last campaign, with Spurs eight points off top spot
By Jay Jaffa
Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto
Lennon, Parker, Modric, Bale
Van der Vaart
Boyce, Gohouri, Caldwell, Figueroa
Watson, McArthur, McCarthy
As ever, you may as well toss a coin to predict the involvement of Ledley King. He was rested for the Watford FA Cup game but it may be more likely to see him emerge at Anfield on the weekend rather than at home to Wigan.
Long-term injuries rule out Jermaine Jenas and David Bentley whilst Tom Huddlestone's recovery from an ankle layoff remains a gradual process. Vedran Corluka is also ruled out.
Wigan will be without Antolin Alcaraz again after failing to recover in time from a groin strain. David Jones and Shaun Maloney however, should make themselves available for the trip to White Hart Lane, while Roberto Martinez may look to include new signing Jean Beausejour
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Wigan have lost five of their last six games in all competitions.
- The clubs have only faced each other 14 times in their history.
- Tottenham have scored 18 goals to Wigan's five in their league meetings at White Hart Lane.
- Emmanuel Adebayor (pictured right) has scored all of his nine goals in the Premier League.
- Tottenham do not have an inspiring record in games refereed by Lee Probert. They have won just two of the seven games he has officiated, including the opening day 3-0 defeat to Manchester United.
- Wigan's 9-1 defeat at White Hart Lane in November 2009 was the heaviest in their history.
- Though not relevant for Tuesday, Wigan have not won a home game for five months in all competitions.
- Tottenham are nine points and two positions better off than at this stage last season.
- Conversely, Wigan are seven points and three positions worse off after 22 games than last year.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.
Top 3 Predictions
Tottenham 3-0 Wigan Athletic
- 25.07 %
Tottenham 2-0 Wigan Athletic
- 19.32 %
Tottenham 3-1 Wigan Athletic
- 12.79 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||27-Apr-2013||Wigan Athletic 2 - Tottenham 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||03-Nov-2012||Tottenham 0 - Wigan Athletic 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||01-Feb-2012||Tottenham 3 - Wigan Athletic 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||24-Sep-2011||Wigan Athletic 1 - Tottenham 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||02-Apr-2011||Wigan Athletic 0 - Tottenham 0|
|12-Apr-2014||West Bromwich 3 - Tottenham 3||EPL|
|08-Apr-2014||Tottenham 5 - Sunderland 1||EPL|
|30-Mar-2014||Liverpool 4 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
|23-Mar-2014||Tottenham 3 - Southampton 2||EPL|
|20-Mar-2014||Benfica 2 - Tottenham 2||EL|
|23||Rafael van der Vaart||Midfielder|
|26||Ali Al Habsi||Goalkeeper|
|9||Franco Di Santo||Striker|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed