Swansea - Tottenham Preview: Harry Redknapp's Side Have Scored At Least Two Goals In Seven Of Their Last Eight Away Games In The Premier League
Such prowess means a win at the Liberty Stadium would equal Spurs' best ever haul of seven away Premier League victories in a season, but Welsh side have lost just once at home
By Jay Jaffa
Agustien, Monk, Williams, Richards
Routledge, Allen, Sinclair
Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto
Parker, Sandro, Modric
Van der Vaart, Bale
Neil Taylor remains sidelined by a knee injury, whilst Angel Rangel was forced off in the 1-1 draw against QPR with an ankle injury. In his suspected absence, Kemy Agustien may be forced to fill in at right-back.
Mark Gower is expected to slot into the central midfield position Agustien would vacate to feature against the club he began his career at.
For Harry Redknapp it is a matter of keeping his first XI fit. Luka Modric and Younes Kaboul passed late fitness tests before the Norwich game whilst Emmanuel Adebayor and Rafael van der Vaart have struggled recently with hamstring problems.
Jermain Defoe may make the bench as he recovers from a hamstring strain and it is entirely possible that Ledley King will step out in Tottenham colours following a full week's rest since the Chelsea draw last Sunday.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Swansea have the third best pass completion this season (85.7 per cent), ahead of Arsenal in fourth, Spurs in fifth, and Manchester United in sixth.
- Swansea have lost just once at the Liberty Stadium this season.
- However, they have won only once in their last eight Premier League games.
- The Swans have kept eight clean sheets in the Premier League this season – only Manchester United (10) have more.
- Six of Swansea's eight clean sheets have come at home.
- Only Manchester United (23) have claimed more away points than Tottenham (19) this season.
- Tottenham are one away win away from equalling their record of seven away wins in a Premier League season.
- Gareth Bale (pictured right) will play his first club game against a Welsh side since lining up for Southampton as a 17-year-old against Cardiff in March 2007.
- Bale and Adebayor have created quite the partnership going forward. They've scored 16 league goals between them (six and nine respectively) and have assisted each other five times (four and one).
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.
Top 3 Predictions
Swansea City 0-2 Tottenham
- 24.16 %
Swansea City 0-3 Tottenham
- 17.68 %
Swansea City 1-3 Tottenham
- 13.33 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||25-Aug-2013||Tottenham 1 - Swansea City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||30-Mar-2013||Swansea City 1 - Tottenham 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||16-Dec-2012||Tottenham 1 - Swansea City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||01-Apr-2012||Tottenham 3 - Swansea City 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||31-Dec-2011||Swansea City 1 - Tottenham 1|
|05-Dec-2013||Swansea City 3 - Newcastle 0||EPL|
|01-Dec-2013||Manchester City 3 - Swansea City 0||EPL|
|29-Nov-2013||Swansea City 0 - Valencia 1||EL|
|23-Nov-2013||Fulham 1 - Swansea City 2||EPL|
|10-Nov-2013||Swansea City 3 - Stoke 3||EPL|
|23||Rafael van der Vaart||Midfielder|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed