Arsenal - QPR Preview: Gunners Have Beaten Rangers Just Once In Premier League
Arsene Wenger's men looking to bounce back following home draw against Wolves, while Hoops will be hoping to build on their draw at Swansea as Robin van Persie eyes goal record
By Ross Jackson
Djourou, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen
Arteta, Song, Ramsey
Walcott, Van Persie, Gervinho
QUEENS PARK RANGERS
Young, Hall, Hill, Traore
Barton, Derry, Faurlin, Wright-Phillips
Meanwhile, Johan Djourou and Thomas Vermaelen look set to retain their places at full-back with Bacary Sagna, Carl Jenkinson and Andre Santos all still sidelined.
The visitors look set to welcome back Shaun Wright-Phillips to the starting lineup, meaning Adel Taarabt could drop to the bench. Armand Traore and Jay Bothroyd will be hoping for the chance to impress against their former club.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Arsenal will be looking for only their second win against QPR in the Premier League. Their eight meetings have produced five draws and two QPR victories.
- A win for Arsenal could see them move into the Champions League places, while defeat for QPR could see them drop into the relegation zone if Wigan pick up three points.
- If Arsenal score against QPR, it will be their 300th Premier League goal in London derbies.
- Van Persie (right) needs two goals to match Alan Shearer’s Premier League record of 36 goals in a calendar year.
- The last meeting between the two sides was back in 2006 at Loftus Road, when Arsenal ran out comprehensive 6-0 winners in the FA Cup fourth round.
- QPR have averaged just a goal a game in the league this season, only Swansea and Wigan have worse goal ratios.
- Arsenal have failed to score more than once in each of their last four games at the Emirates.
- QPR have taken just two points from a possible 18 in their last six Premier League matches.
- The Hoops have managed just one win in their last 12 visits to Arsenal.
- QPR have won only one of their 11 Premier League games this season in which their opponents have scored first.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.
Top 3 Predictions
Arsenal 1-2 QPR
- 19.51 %
Arsenal 3-0 QPR
- 18.09 %
Arsenal 3-1 QPR
- 14.19 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||04-May-2013||QPR 0 - Arsenal 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||27-Oct-2012||Arsenal 1 - QPR 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||31-Mar-2012||QPR 2 - Arsenal 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||31-Dec-2011||Arsenal 1 - QPR 0|
|20-Apr-2014||Hull 0 - Arsenal 3||EPL|
|16-Apr-2014||Arsenal 3 - West Ham 1||EPL|
|12-Apr-2014||Wigan Athletic 1 - Arsenal 1||FA|
|06-Apr-2014||Everton 3 - Arsenal 0||EPL|
|29-Mar-2014||Arsenal 1 - Manchester City 1||EPL|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed