Premier League Preview: Liverpool v QPR
The Merseysiders will hope to bounce back from their defeat to Fulham at Craven Cottage, as well as the FA charges that followed, when they face Neil Warnock's side
By David Lynch
Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique
Kuyt, Adam, Henderson, Downing
QUEENS PARK RANGERS
Young, Gabbidon, Ferdinand, Hill, Traore
Wright-Phillips, Barton, Faurlin
The 23-year-old looked to have earned his spot as a replacement for the injured Lucas Leiva but an enforced midfield reshuffle may now see Jordan Henderson in his more natural position inside.
Despite his stuttering start to life at Anfield, Andy Carroll could partner Luis Suarez in attack with the success of their partnership a must if Liverpool are to consign their recent lack of goals to the past.
For the visitors, Radek Cerny will continue in goal in the long-term absence of Paddy Kenny.
Neil Warnock has been known to favour a back five away from home in the Premier League so far and, given he has few injury worries in that area, could field a strong defensive wall.
Heidar Helguson has earned his right to lead the Loftus Road outfit’s attack with six goals in nine Premier League appearances.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- These sides last met in the Premier League 15 years ago, with Liverpool claiming all three points at Anfield and Loftus Road.
- QPR last won at Anfield in March 1991 when a Les Ferdinand goal helped them to a 3-1 win just weeks after Kenny Dalglish (pictured right) had left his role as Reds' manager.
- Neil Warnock previously travelled to Anfield as Sheffield United manager in February 2007, seeing his side lose 4-0.
- Despite being in 12th position, QPR possess the worst goal difference outside of the Premier League bottom three.
- QPR have just one win in their last five Premier League outings.
- Liverpool have lost one of their last 12 fixtures in all competitions, but have drawn four of those matches.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.
Top 3 Predictions
Liverpool 9-0 QPR
- 23.74 %
Liverpool 3-0 QPR
- 17.54 %
Liverpool 2-0 QPR
- 14.39 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||19-May-2013||Liverpool 1 - QPR 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||30-Dec-2012||QPR 0 - Liverpool 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||22-Mar-2012||QPR 3 - Liverpool 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||10-Dec-2011||Liverpool 1 - QPR 0|
|13-Apr-2014||Liverpool 3 - Manchester City 2||EPL|
|06-Apr-2014||West Ham 1 - Liverpool 2||EPL|
|30-Mar-2014||Liverpool 4 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
|27-Mar-2014||Liverpool 2 - Sunderland 1||EPL|
|22-Mar-2014||Cardiff City 3 - Liverpool 6||EPL|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed