Fulham - Tottenham Preview: Spurs Aim To Extend Unbeaten Premier League Run To Eight Games And Claim A Third London Scalp
After putting both Arsenal and QPR to the sword, Harry Redknapp's side look to continue their impressive domestic form with a third derby victory, this time at Craven Cottage
By Matthew Harold
Kelly, Baird, Hangeland, JA Riise
Dempsey, Sidwell, Murphy
Johnson, Zamora Dembele
Walker, King, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto
Lennon, Modric, Parker, Bale
Van der Vaart
Fulham will welcome back striker Bryan Ruiz, who was ineligible for their Europa League demolition of Wisla Krakow, and also fellow frontman Moussa Dembele, who missed out on the Craven Cottage fixture due to suspension.
Skipper Danny Murphy is a doubt for the London derby against his former club, having come off during Thursday night’s victory with a knee injury, while Philippe Senderos and Aaron Hughes are missing due to thigh injuries and Orlando Sa is out with a hamstring injury.
Tottenham will still be without long-term injury victims Michael Dawson, Niko Kranjcar and Tom Huddlestone, and also have doubts over the fitness of Giovani dos Santos, Vedran Corluka and Danny Rose.
Midfielder Luka Modric is doubtful, but should play after suffering a groin problem, while Roman Pavlyuchenko is suffering from a back injury sustained during their Europa League defeat away to Russian outfit Rubin Kazan.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Fulham suffered their first home defeat of the season during their last league game against Everton.
- This will be the first time Martin Jol has managed against his former side in the Premier League after being fired from White Hart Lane October 2007.
- The Cottagers had gone seven games without victory over Tottenham before their four-goal win in last season’s FA Cup.
- Tottenham, undefeated in seven Premier League games, have won their first two London derbies of the season, beating Arsenal and then QPR at home last Sunday.
- William Gallas (pictured right) should make his return to the Spurs starting line-up after injury for what will be his first league game of the season.
- Since signing from West Ham at the end of the transfer window, Scott Parker has yet to be on the losing side while wearing the lilywhite of Tottenham.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.
Top 3 Predictions
Fulham 1-2 Tottenham
- 17.65 %
Fulham 1-3 Tottenham
- 12.82 %
Fulham 0-2 Tottenham
- 12.71 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||19-Apr-2014||Tottenham 3 - Fulham 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||05-Dec-2013||Fulham 1 - Tottenham 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||17-Mar-2013||Tottenham 0 - Fulham 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||01-Dec-2012||Fulham 0 - Tottenham 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||13-May-2012||Tottenham 2 - Fulham 0|
|19-Apr-2014||Tottenham 3 - Fulham 1||EPL|
|12-Apr-2014||Fulham 1 - Norwich City 0||EPL|
|05-Apr-2014||Aston Villa 1 - Fulham 2||EPL|
|30-Mar-2014||Fulham 1 - Everton 3||EPL|
|22-Mar-2014||Manchester City 5 - Fulham 0||EPL|
|3||John Arne Riise||Defender|
|23||Rafael van der Vaart||Midfielder|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed