Tottenham – QPR Preview: Spurs Look To Remain Unbeaten In 17 Consecutive London Derbies At Home
White Hart Lane clash sees Rangers’ men Adel Taarabt & Wayne Routledge return to their former haunts on Halloween weekend
By Richard Parry
Walker, Kaboul, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto
Lennon, Van der Vaart, Bale
Young, Hall, Ferdinand, Traore
Faurlin, Derry, Barton
Harry Redknapp will start with Younes Kaboul and Sebastien Bassong in defence, but news that William Gallas could yet undergo a fitness test before kick-off is a bonus to Spurs and their manager.
The in-form Rafael van der Vaart is set to continue behind Emmanuel Adebayor as the free-scoring Dutchman keeps a frustrated Jermain Defoe on the bench.
Former Arsenal man Armand Traore is expected to return for Neil Warnock's side after missing their 1-0 victory over Chelsea last time out. The full-back, who was sidelined with a muscle injury, has since featured in training this week.
Apart from that, the visitors are set to remain unchanged following their triumph over Andre Villas-Boas' side.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Harry Redknapp's side have only lost one Premier League match at White Hart Lane in their last 20 games.
- Furthermore, Spurs are undefeated in their last 16 London derbies at home.
- Should he score against Rangers, Van der Vaart (pictured right) will join Robbie Keane and Teddy Sheringham in having netted in five successive Premier League matches.
- QPR have only recorded three league victories at White Hart Lane in 21 meetings, but recorded a 2-1 victory there in 1994.
- Rangers' biggest ever win over Spurs came in 1992, with a 4-1 triumph at Loftus Road. Their largest recorded victory at the Lane was 3-0 in 1976.
- Tottenham have only kept two clean sheets in their past 10 matches against their London rivals.
- Should he be substituted at half time, it will take Adel Taarabt roughly one hour and eight minutes to travel from White Hart Lane to Loftus Road by public transport.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.
Top 3 Predictions
Tottenham 3-0 QPR
- 21.83 %
Tottenham 2-0 QPR
- 16.51 %
Tottenham 4-0 QPR
- 9.59 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||12-Jan-2013||QPR 0 - Tottenham 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||23-Sep-2012||Tottenham 2 - QPR 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||21-Apr-2012||QPR 1 - Tottenham 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||30-Oct-2011||Tottenham 3 - QPR 1|
|13-Dec-2013||Tottenham 4 - Anzhi Makhachkala 1||EL|
|07-Dec-2013||Sunderland 1 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|05-Dec-2013||Fulham 1 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|01-Dec-2013||Tottenham 2 - Manchester United 2||EPL|
|28-Nov-2013||Tromsø 0 - Tottenham 2||EL|
|23||Rafael van der Vaart||Midfielder|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed