Shop the latest footy kit
Juanlu, Sergio and Asier del Horno are all out injured, with the last of the trio having undergone an Achilles operation on Tuesday. Ruben is back in the squad, though.
|Levante (4-2-3-1): Munua; Venta, Ballesteros, Nano, Juanfran; X. Torres, Iborra; Valdo, R. Suarez, Montero; Caicedo.
There has been some good news for Pep Guardiola in recent days as Bojan Krkic and Maxwell have been declared fit for the trip to Valencia.
|Barcelona (4-3-3): Valdes; Alves, Mascherano, Pique, Maxwell; Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta; Pedro, Messi, Villa.
Carles Puyol continues to train away from the main body of the team along with Adriano, and neither are expected to figure on Wednesday.
- Levante have lost only three of their last 15 Liga encounters, pushing themselves into mid-table.
- When the Valencia-based side were beaten 3-2 by Athletic Bilbao at the weekend, it was the first time that they had gone three matches without a win since January, when they suffered a five-game losing streak.
- Scoring first tends to be important against Levante, as they have only recovered to win from a losing position once this season.
- Against sides in the top half of the table, they have gained only 12 points from 16 encounters – the worst record in the league aside from basement side Almeria.
- Barcelona, on the other hand, actually have a better record against teams in the top 10 positions, averaging 2.64 points a game, compared to 2.55 against the lesser ranked teams.
- They have scored exactly 40 goals when playing sides ranked in the upper echelons of the table and have conceded only 10.
- Pep Guardiola’s side lie second in the form table behind Malaga, who have picked up two more points than the Catalans in their last eight fixtures, conceding one goal less and scoring three goals more.
- Away from home, the Catalans have slipped up only once in the league, losing surprisingly at Real Sociedad less than a fortnight ago.
- If Barca win their remaining three games, they will clock up 100 points, and they only need nine goals to also hit 100 for the campaign.
Follow Goal.com on . Get the latest football news direct... Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best football fan community in the world!