Chelsea - Tottenham Preview: Injury-Hit Spurs Aim To Continue Good Recent Record Against Blues
Ancelotti set to revert to 4-4-2 despite success of 4-3-3 in recent weeks, with Essien likely to recover from knee injury, whilst Redknapp left with injury-hit squad for clash
By Andrew Kennedy
|Chelsea (4-4-2): Cech; Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole; Essien, Mikel, Lampard, Malouda; Drogba, Torres.|
Brazilian duo Ramires and Alex both remain sidelined through hamstring injuries, but Michael Essien looks set to recover from the knee problem he sustained at Stamford Bridge last weekend.
|Tottenham (4-4-1-1): Gomes; Kaboul, Gallas, Dawson, Bassong; Lennon, Huddlestone, Sandro, Modric; Van der Vaart; Crouch.|
Although Jermain Defoe has recently made signs he is coming back into form, Harry Redknapp may look to use Peter Crouch up top to hold up play and relieve the pressure from an on-song Chelsea side.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Tottenham have a good record against Chelsea in recent years, having won two and drawn two of the side’s last five encounters in the Premier League.
- Blues forward Florent Malouda leads the way in the goal scoring charts between the two clubs with 13.
- Dutchman Rafael van der Vaart is a close second as Spurs' top goalscorer, having scored 12 so far in the campaign.
- Under-fire Tottenham keeper Heurelho Gomes had best be on his toes on Saturday, with Didier Drogba (pictured right) having fired the most shots this season with 91.
- Chelsea as a team have also taken the most shots, with 472 in total so far, while although only having a shot accuracy of 43 per cent, they have bagged 58 goals this term, the second highest to Manchester United.
- Had only second-half results counted in the table this season, Chelsea would be top of the pile on 57 points whilst Tottenham would be sat in a lowly 12th with 39.
- A similar pattern follows in the form guide, 16 points from 18 for the home side leaving them on top, and Spurs in 11th having won one and drawn five of their last six games.
Top 3 Predictions
Chelsea FC 2-0 Tottenham
- 23.15 %
Chelsea FC 3-1 Tottenham
- 16.94 %
Chelsea FC 2-1 Tottenham
- 12.24 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||08-Mar-2014||Chelsea FC 4 - Tottenham 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||28-Sep-2013||Tottenham 1 - Chelsea FC 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||09-May-2013||Chelsea FC 2 - Tottenham 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||20-Oct-2012||Tottenham 2 - Chelsea FC 4|
|FA Cup (FA)||15-Apr-2012||Tottenham 1 - Chelsea FC 5|
|13-Apr-2014||Swansea City 0 - Chelsea FC 1||EPL|
|09-Apr-2014||Chelsea FC 2 - Paris Saint-Germain 0||UCL|
|05-Apr-2014||Chelsea FC 3 - Stoke 0||EPL|
|03-Apr-2014||Paris Saint-Germain 3 - Chelsea FC 1||UCL|
|29-Mar-2014||Crystal Palace 1 - Chelsea FC 0||EPL|
|12||John Obi Mikel||Midfielder|
|23||Rafael van der Vaart||Midfielder|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed