thumbnail Hello,


  • 27 October 2013
  • • 18:30
  • • Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex, Pune, Mahārāṣṭra
  • Referee: P. Singh

Report: Pune FC 1-0 Rangdajied

Pune FC 1-0 Rangdajied United: Calum Angus strike seals three points for the Red Lizards

Report: Pune FC 1-0 Rangdajied

Pune FC

Mike Snoei’s side continue their unbeaten run in the league as they edged out the north eastern team…

Pune FC registered a 1-0 win over Rangdajied United at the Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex, Pune on Sunday evening. A first half strike by Calum Angus was enough for the home team to snap full points.

Mike Snoei included Anthony D’Souza into his starting eleven in place of the injured James Meyer.  Santosh Kashyap made as many as five changes to his first team with the likes of Edmar Figueria, Bansharai Sun, Shambhu Mistry, T.Lalnunpuia and Ambilstar Sunn getting the nod.

It was Pune FC who settled into the game and began dominating the proceedings. However without the services of Riga Mustapha and the injured James Meyer, they weren’t clinical upfront.

Douhou Pierre sent in a cross field pass in the 13th minute which caught the opposition defense sleeping. However Rangdajied’s goalkeeper P. Pohshna came off his line to deny an onrushing Nikhil Kadam to get to the end of it.

The very next minute, it was Douhou’s low cross into the box which was cleared for a corner by the Rangdajied defense before Kadam or Thongkhosiem  Haokip could reach it.

Pune FC survived a scare in the 20th minute as Lalnunpuia only had the goalkeeper to beat but Callum Angus made a last ditch tackle to avert the danger.

Just before the half hour mark, a quickly taken corner went towards Douhou Pierre who set up Angus on the edge of the box and the Englishman slotted the ball home into the bottom right corner.

Rangdajied could have equalized soon after through former Pune FC striker Edmar whose attempt went over the keeper and post.

Haokip was guilty of squandering a chance just before the half-time whistle. Arata Izumi cut back from the right from which Haokip only had to get his toe to double the lead which he failed to do so.

After the break, the first chance befell Figueira who shot straight at Amrinder Singh in goal after being set up by his team-mates.

Seven minutes after restart, Douhou chipped in again for Arata on the run only to be denied by the keeper who rushed out to make a block.

In the 69th minute, Lamine Tamba’s free-kick saw Nagen Tamang mistimed his header as the home side just about managed to clear the danger.

Edmar held off defender Gurjinder Kumar on the right before sending in a pin-point cross for substitute Sandesh Gadkari – on for Lalnunpuia – inside the box. Pune FC custodian Amrinder Singh sensed the danger and punched out the ball just in time.

Towards the closing stages, Kadam sets it up for Arata with a low cross but the latter’s dive to get a toe to the ball comes undone as the opposition won a goal-kick.

The scoreline read the same at the end of the final whistle as Pune are now joint leaders, alongside Bengaluru FC and Salgaocar FC, at the top of the table.


How do you stay up with football when on the move? With –your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.