International Friendly Preview: Bosnia-Herzegovina - USA
Jurgen Klinsmann's side goes for its 12th win in a row against a streaking Bosnia-Herzegovina side that has reached its highest all-time FIFA world ranking, 13th.
By Avi Creditor
|USA (4-2-3-1): Howard; Evans, Cameron, Brooks, F. Johnson; Bradley, Jones; Corona, Diskerud, E. Johnson; Altidore.
GOALKEEPERS: Cody Cropper (Southampton), Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton)
DEFENDERS: John Anthony Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Michael Parkhurst (Augsburg), Tim Ream (Bolton Wanderers)
MIDFIELDERS: Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Michael Bradley (Roma), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), Danny Williams (Reading)
FORWARDS: Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Eddie Johnson (Seattle Sounders FC), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar), Bobby Wood (1860 Munich)
|Bosnia-Herzegovina (4-4-2): Begovic; Sunjic, Zukanovic, Spahic, Bicakcic; Rahimic, Lulic, Pjanic, Salihovic; Ibisevic, Dzeko|
GOALKEEPERS: Asmir Begovic (Stoke City), Asmir Avdukic (FK Borac Banja Luka), Jasmin Fejzic (VfR Aalen)
DEFENDERS: Ermin Bicakcic (Eintracht Braunschweig), Emir Spahic (Bayer Leverkusen), Toni Sunjic (FC Zorya Lugansk), Mensur Mujdza (SC Freiburg), Ervin Zukanovic (Genk)
MIDFIELDERS: Miralem Pjanic (AS Roma), Senad Lulic (Lazio), Sejad Salihovic (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim), Adnan Zahirovic (VfL Bocum), Elvir Rahimic (CSKA Moscow), Haris Medunjanin (Gazientepspor), Miroslav Stevanovic (Elche), Zvjezdan Misimovic (Guizhou Renhe), Avdija Vrsajevic (Hajduk Split)
FORWARDS: Edin Dzeko (Manchester City), Vedad Ibisevic (Stuttgart), Edin Visca (Istanbul BB)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Fresh off winning the CONCACAF Gold Cup, the USA is on an all-time record 11-game winning streak. Its last non-win came against Belgium in a friendly in May.
- Not to be outdone, Bosnia-Herzegovina is 5-0-1 in UEFA World Cup qualifying and has not lost in nine matches. Its last loss came on U.S. soil against Mexico, also in May. The surge has the nation at its highest FIFA ranking ever, 13th.
- Tim Howard has been named U.S. captain for the match, with full-time captain Clint Dempsey not called in by Jurgen Klinsmann.
- The USA roster features four players earning the first senior team call-ups: Bobby Wood, Aron Johannsson, John Anthony Brooks and Cody Cropper.
- Johannsson is ineligible to play unless FIFA approves his one-time international allegiance switch from Iceland to the USA prior to Wednesday's match.
- Brooks is a German-American dual-national center back eligible to play for both countries. He scored on his Bundesliga debut with Hertha Berlin after helping guide the club to promotion last season.
- Bolton defender Tim Ream returns to the USA for the first time since October 2011.
- The midfield battle could be contested by a pair of AS Roma standouts, with Michael Bradley set to clash with club teammate Miralem Pjanic.
- Six members of the USA's Gold Cup-winning side are on the roster (Bedoya, Diskerud, Corona, Castillo, E. Johnson, Parkhurst).
- Defender Michael Orozco Fiscal was initially called in by Klinsmann, but he had to withdraw after suffering a hamstring injury in Puebla's match Sunday night.
- These teams have never met in international play before.
Top 3 Predictions
Bosnia and Herzegovina 3-1 United States
- 26.1 %
Bosnia and Herzegovina 1-2 United States
- 13.25 %
Bosnia and Herzegovina 2-1 United States
- 10.44 %
|International Friendlies (FR)||15-Aug-2013||Bosnia and Herzegovina 3 - United States 4|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|05-Mar-2014||Bosnia and Herzegovina 0 - Egypt 2||FR|
|19-Nov-2013||Argentina 2 - Bosnia and Herzegovina 0||FR|
|15-Oct-2013||Lithuania 0 - Bosnia and Herzegovina 1||WCQE|
|11-Oct-2013||Bosnia and Herzegovina 4 - Liechtenstein 1||WCQE|
|10-Sep-2013||Slovakia 1 - Bosnia and Herzegovina 2||WCQE|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed