Chelsea-Manchester United Preview: Manchester City await winners of quarter-final replay
Rafa Benitez's side staged an unlikely comeback from two goals down to set up a repeat fixture at Stamford Bridge for the chance to face Roberto Mancini's men at Wembley
By Husmukh Kerai
Azpilicueta, Luiz, Terry, Cole
Oscar, Mata, Hazard
Jones, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra
Welbeck, Rooney, Nani
Juan Mata, Eden Hazard, Ashley Cole, David Luiz, Ramires and Demba Ba should all return to Rafa Benitez's starting line-up after missing Chelsea's league defeat at Southampton on Saturday.
The Chelsea boss could make around six changes to his side ahead of a run of five games in the next 13 days.
Gary Cahill (knee) is a doubt so John Terry is likely to continue in defence alongside Luiz. With Ba cup-tied for the Blues in the Europa League, the Senegalese should be handed a start on Monday. Mata should return to the side after missing the match at St Mary's with illness.
Sir Alex Ferguson is also likely to make several changes to his side after rotating the team in the weekend win at Sunderland.
Phil Jones could return to the side at right-back after Rafael (groin) was forced off at the weekend. Tom Cleverley and Ryan Giggs are also likely to feature after sitting out Saturday's match.
In attack, Danny Welbeck and Chicharito will hope for a starting berth with Nani also ready to come in. Antonio Valencia, Ashley Young and Robin van Persie should drop to the bench.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chelsea defender Ashley Cole has won the FA Cup more times than any other player, lifting the famous trophy an astonishing seven times.
- Juan Mata recently became the first Premier League player to score 10 goals and provide 10 assists.
- Manchester United striker Chicharito (pictured right) enjoys playing against Chelsea, the Mexican striker has struck in five of his last seven games against the Blues in all competitions.
- No player in the top flight has hit the woodwork more than Van Persie this season. The Dutchman has been denied by a post or the crossbar seven times.
- Left-back Patrice Evra has played more minutes (2,430) than any other United player in the league this season.
- Eighteen goals have been scored in the three meetings between the sides this season.
Top 3 Predictions
Chelsea FC 1-2 Manchester United
- 18.37 %
Chelsea FC 2-1 Manchester United
- 14.55 %
Chelsea FC 1-3 Manchester United
- 11.24 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||27-Aug-2013||Manchester United 0 - Chelsea FC 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||05-May-2013||Manchester United 0 - Chelsea FC 1|
|FA Cup (FA)||01-Apr-2013||Chelsea FC 1 - Manchester United 0|
|FA Cup (FA)||10-Mar-2013||Manchester United 2 - Chelsea FC 2|
|Capital One Cup (CCUP)||01-Nov-2012||Chelsea FC 5 - Manchester United 4|
|05-Dec-2013||Sunderland 3 - Chelsea FC 4||EPL|
|01-Dec-2013||Chelsea FC 3 - Southampton 1||EPL|
|27-Nov-2013||Basel 1 - Chelsea FC 0||UCL|
|23-Nov-2013||West Ham 0 - Chelsea FC 3||EPL|
|09-Nov-2013||Chelsea FC 2 - West Bromwich 2||EPL|
|12||John Obi Mikel||Midfielder|
|1||David de Gea||Goalkeeper|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed