- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Inter - Tottenham Preview: Italians attempt to overturn large first-leg deficit
Andre Villas-Boas’ side head into the second leg leading 3-0 and will hope to finish off their out-of-sorts Serie A opponent, but are without the suspended Gareth Bale
By Shane Farrington
Zanetti, Juan, Chivu, Pereira
Benassi, Cassano, Guarin
Walker, Gallas, Caulker, Assou-Ekotto Lennon, Dembele, Parker, Holtby
Inter boss Andrea Stramaccioni will be hoping his side can recover from back-to-back to defeats. Samir Handanovic is set to return in goal after missing Sunday’s Serie A loss to Bologna through suspension.
Javier Zanetti made his 600th Serie A appearance in that match and the veteran is again expected to start. Up front, Antonio Cassano is poised to provide support to Rodrigo Palacio as they search for goals.
As for the visitors, Andre Villas-Boas will be without star man Gareth Bale whose yellow card in the first leg ruled him out of the game. Brad Friedel is again poised to start in goal in place of Hugo Lloris.
Emmanuel Adebayor could well be in contention for a return from an ankle injury, but may have to settle for a place on the bench with Jermain Defoe again starting. Steven Caulker could come into the team after recently losing his place to Michael Dawson.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Inter have struggled for results in Serie A over recent weeks - winning just three of their last 13 games.
- Rodrio Palacio (pictured right) has an impressive scoring record in the Europa League this season with seven goals in nine appearances, two off Roberto Boninsegna's all-time club competition record of nine managed in 1969-70.
- Inter have won the Uefa Cup, now the Europa League, three times - in 1990-91, 1993-94 and 1997-98.
- Tottenham are undefeated in their previous 10 Europa League games, including the 3-0 first-leg victory, stretching back to November, 2011.
- The last meeting between the two teams at San Siro saw Inter run out 4-3 winners, with Bale grabbing the headlines in defeat with a hat-trick.
- Spurs have won the Uefa Cup twice - in 1972 in its inaugural year, and again in 1984. They are 7/2 to win the competition this year with Coral.
- Tottenham have faced Italian opposition 10 times - winning four times, drawing four and losing just twice.
Top 3 Predictions
Inter 4-0 Tottenham
- 21.38 %
Inter 1-2 Tottenham
- 13.28 %
Inter 2-1 Tottenham
- 8.72 %
|Europa League (EL)||14-Mar-2013||Inter 4 - Tottenham 1|
|Europa League (EL)||08-Mar-2013||Tottenham 3 - Inter 0|
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||03-Nov-2010||Tottenham 3 - Inter 1|
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||21-Oct-2010||Inter 4 - Tottenham 3|
|20-May-2013||Inter 2 - Udinese 5||ITA1|
|12-May-2013||Genoa 0 - Inter 0||ITA1|
|09-May-2013||Inter 1 - Lazio 3||ITA1|
|06-May-2013||Napoli 3 - Inter 1||ITA1|
|28-Apr-2013||Palermo 1 - Inter 0||ITA1|
|4||Javier Adelmar Zanetti||Defender|
|19||Esteban Matias Cambiasso||Midfielder|
|11||Ricardo Gabriel Álvarez||Midfielder|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed