Chelsea & Liverpool-linked Kruse to stay at Werder Bremen

ShareClose Comments
The 29-year-old found himself in demand after an excellent 2016-17 campaign but his club is "100 per cent" sure he will not be leaving

Max Kruse will stay at Werder Bremen despite speculation linking him with the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool, the German club has confirmed.

Lazio and Spartak Moscow had also been credited with interest in the 29-year-old but Bremen chairman Marco Bode says he is "100 per cent" sure he will not leave.

"We want a strong team and will not let him go," Bode told Sky Sports.

Kruse scored 15 goals in 23 league games for Bremen last season, helping them to achieve an eighth-place finish.

He had been touted as a potential target for both Chelsea and Liverpool, who have been searching for depth up front this summer.

But the Reds have Daniel Sturridge fit and ex-Chelsea youngster Dominic Solanke in their first-team squad, meaning they may be more likely to consider offers for Divock Origi than add another forward before the deadline.

Article continues below

Sturridge 9/2 first goalscorer v Arsenal

Chelsea have been linked with a move for a third striker but Swansea City target man Fernando Llorente has been the name most commonly mentioned in connection with Antonio Conte's men.

Bremen suffered a 1-0 defeat at Hoffenheim on the opening weekend of the Bundesliga season and host Bayern Munich on Saturday.

Next article:
Aidil Sharin, Singapore’s very own Pep Guardiola
Next article:
'Incredible' Salah is like Messi, says Ronaldo
Next article:
Man Utd target Fred wants to decide future after World Cup
Next article:
Nigeria vs. Atletico Madrid: NPFL stars cannot ignore exhibition lapses
Next article:
Champions League crown could fire Salah to Ballon d'Or - Muller
Close