The Leesiders have accepted a transfer bid for the Republic of Ireland international with reports suggesting that he will join Brighton and Hove Albion
Following speculation that the Republic of Ireland Under-21 international was on the verge of leaving Turner's Cross, the SSE Airtricity Premier Division club released a statement confirming that a bid had been accepted.
"Cork City Football Club can confirm that the club has received an offer for our player, Brian Lenihan, which has been accepted," the statement read.
"The club will not be making any further comment on the matter at this time, and the focus of our management and players is fully on Friday night's FAI Ford Cup tie against Bohemians at Turner's Cross."
The former College Corinthians youth has been the subject of intense interest from clubs in Britain in recent weeks, with Premier League clubs such as Manchester United and Arsenal, as well as Hull City and Aston Villa, scouting the defender.
"Arsenal have watched him, Hull have. We’ve realised that Manchester United have watched him, Tottenham, Everton and Villa have watched him. They’ve all had direct club employees to look at him," said Cork City manager John Caulfield at a recent press conference.
According to the Irish Examiner, Lenihan is set to join English Championship club Brighton and Hove Albion after Caulfield indicated that Friday's FAI Cup clash against Bohemians at Turner's Cross would be the player's last appearance for the club.
"I would expect probably that after Friday night that Brian Lenihan would have played his last match for Cork City," Caulfield told reporters.