The Wolves front man has expressed his disappointment at being dropped from the Irish international team but is hopeful of getting another opportunity with the Boys in Green
The 29-year-old, who has 53 caps, was originally included in the extended provisional squad but was axed from the final 23-man party for the games on March 22 and 26 respectively.
And the former Reading front-man has expressed his dissatisfaction at the manner in which he was informed of his omission.
"I was very disappointed to come in after the game to a text message saying I wasn't to travel to Ireland to join up with the squad," Doyle said. "I have been in every squad when I have been fit for seven-and-a-half years so it was disappointing.
"I thought I might get a phone call but it wasn't to be and I haven't spoken to the manager about it. Maybe he will speak to me about it in the future and for now I just have to get on with it."
He continued: "I've been in squads for seven-and-a-half years and certainly never took it for granted and have always found it a great pleasure and privilege to play for my country.
"I feel I have always given 100 per cent in terms of showing the right attitude and dedication with Ireland in every training session and every match as I do here at Wolves.
"I will carry on doing that and hopefully get another opportunity to do that again in the future," he added.
Doyle scored the crucial winning goal for Wolves in their 2-1 victory against relegation rivals Bristol City on the day that the squad was trimmed and the former Cork City striker admitted that it was a bittersweet moment to learn that he had been dropped.
He said: "It was disappointing to get the text message telling me not to travel particularly after such a good game with Wolves and you quickly go from one extreme to another.
"But that's football - I'm not going to cry about it and just get on with it and hopefully get back in the squad as soon as I can."