thumbnail Hello,

Sligo Rovers remain six points clear at the top of the Airtricity Premier Division, while Drogheda and St. Pat's kept up the pace with wins as Shamrock Rovers lost to Bohemians

Cork City 2-0 Bray Wanderers

Cork City recorded two consecutive victories for the first time this season as they defeated Bray Wanderers 2-0 at Turners Cross.

The Leesiders opened the scoring after half an hour through man of the match Keigan Parker, who struck from close range. Kieran Marty Walters almost equalised before half-time, but Mark McNulty did well to keep him out after a mistake by Kalen Spillane.

Gavin Kavanagh headed in Cork's second from Ian Turner's corner kick before Turner picked up two bookings in a ten minute spell to be marched off the field. The hosts finished the game with nine men after Gearoid Morrisey was also sent off, but held on to win 2-0.

Drogheda United 2-1 Derry City

Drogheda United kept up their title chase by coming back from a goal down to beat Derry City at Hunky Dorys Park.

Derry City took the lead after just two minutes after Alan McNally took David McDaid down in the box. McNally picked up a booking for his troubles, and McDaid put home the penalty. Drogs had a penalty of their own on 25 minutes when Shane McEleney fouled Ryan Brennan. Declan O'Brien levelled the game from the spot to liven up what had been a mostly one-sided game.

Drogheda went ahead just before half-time when Alan McNally made up for his earlier mistake to head in Gavin Brennan's corner. McNally ensured three points for the title hopefuls in the second half, sliding in to clear a David McDaid effort off the line.

Shamrock Rovers 0-1 Bohemians

Bohemians struck lucky at the Tallaght Stadium to defeat Shamrock Rovers and end Stephen Kenny's slim hopes of a title chase.

The Hoops dominated early on, but couldn't make their chances count and went behind on the stroke of half-time. Ken Oman gave away a free-kick outside the box which Keith Ward knocked in for Kevin Devaney to poke beyond Oscar Jansson.

Ronan Finn looked most likely to grab an equaliser for Rovers, but goalkeeper Greg Murray was rarely threatened as Bohemians held on for a 1-0 win.

Shelbourne 0-2 St. Patrick's Athletic

St Patrick's Athletic recorded a 2-0 away win over Dublin rivals Shelbourne to stay within two points of second place Drogheda United.

An even first half ended scoreless, with the best chance falling to Sean O'Connor. Fortunately for Shelbourne, Ian Ryan was in the right place with Chris Bennion beaten. Barry Clancy went closest for the hosts, but his shot skimmed wide of Barry Murphy's post.

Pat's pushed men forward in the second half and were rewarded with Christy Fagan's 70th minute goal, heading in Sean O'Connor's cross. Anto Murphy halted any chance of a comeback with a needless 84th minute red card before Vinny Faherty struck in stoppage time.

Sligo Rovers 3-0 Dundalk

Top faced bottom as Sligo Rovers defeated Dundalk to remain six points clear at the top of the Airtricity Premier Division.

Sligo dominated from kick-off, and took a tenth minute lead through in-form striker Mark Quigley. Lee Lynch did well to set up Quigley for his eighth goal in his last eight league games.

Gavin Peers grabbed Rovers' second four minutes into the second half from Ross Gaynor's free-kick. Liam Buchanan scored a simple tap in for the third goal, after goalkeeper Peter Cherrie failed to deal with Joseph Ndo's corner.