thumbnail Hello,

Drogheda United and Dundalk played out a five-goal-thriller in the Louth derby, while Shamrock Rovers recorded a victory over Cork City

Cork City 1-2 Shamrock Rovers

Shamrock Rovers fought hard to take all three points against Cork City at Turner's Cross.

The hosts took the lead after just three minutes when Ian Turner squeezed the ball past Oscar Jansson, sending the home fans into raptures. The goal turned the game into a wide-open affair, with Ronan Finn almost equalising for the Hoops and Daryl Horgan going close to doubling Cork's lead.

Kevin Burns looked good in the Cork goal, replacing first-choice keeper Mark McNulty, and did well to keep out Billy Dennehy's curling free kick. However, there was little he could do to stop Ronan Finn's shot just before half time as the sides went in level.

Shamrock Rovers came out all guns blazing in the second half and took a deserved lead on 61 minutes. Gary McCabe curled a long-range free kick past Burns to make it 2-1 to the Hoops. Stephen Kenny's side looked in control for the remainder of the game to hold out for the win.
Drogheda United 3-2 Dundalk

Drogheda United came from two goals down against Dundalk in the Louth derby to win 3-2 at Hunky Dorys Park.

An entertaining opening half an hour saw the visitors take a two-goal lead before Drogheda pulled one back. Mark Griffin netted Dundalk's first after five minutes, getting the ball above Gabriel Sava and into the net. Griffin capitalised on poor defending from Drogs to get his second 20 minutes later, before Peter Hynes got the hosts back into the match with a neat finish after Ryan Brennan's pass.

Drogheda started the second half brightly, and had an effort from Tiernan Mulvenna cleared off the line by Chris Shields. Peter Hynes left it late to snatch the equaliser, heading in three minutes from time to bring Drogheda level. However, John Sullivan left it even later as Drogs came back to win 3-2.
Shelbourne 0-2 Derry City

Shelbourne slumped to a 2-0 defeat against Derry City as they failed to get out of second gear at Tolka Park.

Shels started well with Barry Clancy heading over from David Cassidy's cross, but it was Derry who struck first. Stephen McLaughlin found David McDaid unmarked in the box, giving the midfielder plenty of time to guide the ball past Dean Delany. Shelbourne looked deflated after the goal, and showed their lack of confidence in the second half when Delany failed to deal with Stephen McLaughlin's back-post effort.

The hosts looked a bit better after the second goal, but were still no match for their opponents, and could not muster an equaliser or a comeback goal as Derry ran out 2-0 winners.
UCD 3-1 Bray Wanderers

UCD ran out 3-1 winners in an entertaining encounter with Bray Wanderers at the UCD Bowl.

After just five minutes, John Mulroy spurned a great chance for Bray after a poor kick-out from Mark McGinley, but could not direct his effort on target. A foul on Hugh Douglas in the box saw the Students win a spot kick, and David McMillan tucked it away to give UCD a 15th-minute lead.

Bray always looked like getting back into the game, and went level on the hour mark when Sean Houston hit home Kieran 'Marty' Waters' corner. However, UCD took their chances late on to win 3-1 thanks to Darren Quigley's own goal and an 86th-minute strike from Chris Lyons.