Airtricity Premier Division: Matchday 22 - Drogheda close gap on Sligo

Drogheda United defeated Bohemians 1-0 to increase the pressure on Airtricity Premier Division leaders Sligo Rovers, while Bray Wanderers were held to a draw by Dundalk

Bray Wanderers 1-1 Dundalk

Bray Wanderers scored a late, late goal to deny Dundalk victory in an entertaining bottom-half tie at the Carlisle Grounds.

Kieran Marty Walters was on form for Bray early on, setting up Danny O'Connor for an opportunity before going close himself with a deflected effort. A neat touch from Jason Byrne gave Walters another chance in the 20th minute, but his shot slid past the post. Dundalk's only real chance of the half came from Michael Rafter's head, but defender John Mulroy was in the right place to stop it going in.

Dundalk took the lead in the 54th minute, as Mark Griffin played the ball in for Gary Shanahan who slotted the ball past Darren Quigley. Bray put on the pressure for an equaliser and almost had one through Danny O'Connor only for substitute Lorcan Shannon to head off the line.

However, just as the three points looked set to return to Louth, Dave Webster struck from range to give Bray a 94th minute equaliser and a share of the spoils.
Drogheda United 1-0 Bohemians

Drogheda United once again closed in on the top of the table with a single-goal victory over an unlucky Bohemians at Hunky Dory Park.

The game started slowly in the sunshine, with a deflected Sean Brennan free kick the best chance in the opening half hour. It took a foul in the penalty area to bring the game to life, with Robert Lopes felling Gavin Brennan in the box to give Drogs a 35th-minute penalty. Declan 'Fabio' O'Brien stepped up to take his tally to nine league goals this season.

Peter Hynes should have doubled Drogheda's lead just minutes later, but headed over a great cross from Gavin Brennan. Bohemians boss Aaron Callaghan was furious at half time after Dinny Corcoran's tap in was ruled out for a foul on goalkeeper Gabriel Sava.

Sava was not to be beaten again, and did well to keep out efforts from Ryan McEvoy and Evan McMillan. There was more drama in the closing minutes as Drogheda had to twice clear off the line, with Dwayne Wilson unlucky not to score, while referee Rob Rodgers turned down claims of a handball in the box.
Shelbourne 1-2 UCD

Bottom-placed UCD recorded a rare victory with a late strike from Paul Corry against Shelbourne at Tolka Park.

Shels started better with Kevin Dawson having an early shot whizz past the post, and forced Mark McGinley into action from Conan Byrne's drive. Byrne picked up an early injury and was forced off after just 19 minutes, before referee Graham Kelly pointed to the Students' spot. However, his assistant intervened and ruled that David O'Connor had handballed just outside the area, and awarded a free kick instead. The free was poor and let UCD off the hook.

The Students took the lead against the run of play just before half time with David McMillan unleashing a piledriver past Chris Bennion. The game opened up as Shels pressed for an equaliser after the break, with both sides having decent chances. A deserved home goal finally did come eight minutes from time, as David Cassidy found Philly Hughes in a great place to tap in. Shels' joy was short-lived as UCD restored their lead five minutes later, with Paul Corry blasting the ball past Bennion to give the Students their third league win of the season.