Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill, Cole
Hazard, Oscar, Mata
Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra
Valencia, Cleverley, Carrick, Nani
Frank Lampard (calf) is a major doubt for Chelsea after the midfielder limped off during the first half in the midweek defeat at Shakhtar Donetsk.
John Terry is the only other absentee as he serves the second of his four-match ban, meaning Gary Cahill is expected to come back into the side, with Roberto Di Matteo set to name the same XI that won 4-2 at Tottenham last weekend.
Sir Alex Ferguson is likely to make several changes from the narrow midweek victory over Braga, but David de Gea is likely to remain in goal despite Anders Lindegaard's return to fitness after a thumb injury.
The Red Devils boss is sweating over the fitness of Shinji Kagawa (knee), but Rio Ferdinand should make a return to the side, while Javier Hernandez’s brace in the Champions League could see him get the nod up front alongside Robin van Persie at the expense of Danny Welbeck.
Defenders Phil Jones and Nemanja Vidic (both knee) are absentees, while Chris Smalling (metatarsal) may recover in time to make the bench.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chelsea have a superb home record against the Red Devils, with six wins and four draws in their last 10 meetings at Stamford Bridge.
- In their last 30 meetings in all competitions, both sides have got on the scoresheet on 18 occasions.
- Robin van Persie (pictured right) has scored five times at Stamford Bridge; the best record of any visiting player.
- Since signing for Manchester United, Javier Hernandez has scored in four of the Red Devils’ seven clashes with Chelsea, while Wayne Rooney has also scored in four during the same period.
- Fernando Torres has six goals in 14 appearances for Chelsea this season, and is just one shy of his total from last season.
- David Luiz has scored in both his appearances against Manchester United at Stamford Bridge.
- Sir Alex’s side have only been in front at half-time four times in 12 matches this season, and have gone on to win all four.
- Meanwhile, in Chelsea’s seven Premier League wins this season, they have only gone into the break behind in one of those victories.