thumbnail Hello,

Reports in Italy from a source owned by Rossoneri president Silvio Berlusconi had claimed that the England forward was heading to Italy but the Serie A side reject the speculation

AC Milan have swiftly denied reports that they are in talks with Liverpool over a possible loan deal for striker Andy Carroll.

Rossoneri owner Silvio Berlusconi's Sport Mediaset reported on Tuesday that the two clubs were negotiating a season-long switch with a view to a permanent deal worth around €17 million [£13.5m].

However, being on the verge of securing the arrival of forward Bojan Krkic, Milan CEO Adriano Galliani told reporters: "I continue to say it, but you do not believe me, with the signing of Bojan the market is closed, completely closed.

"[There will be] no trip to Madrid for Kaka, nor any signings like [Antonio] Nocerino last year. He [Palombo] was offered to us, but we refused the offer.

"Carroll? We have so many strikers."

ANDY ATTACKS?
9/4 Liverpool are 9/4 with Bet365 to score over 3.5 goals against Hearts
The Merseyside club were said to be open to letting the England forward spend the season in Italy but looking for an initial payment of around €3m [£2.4m], with Milan claimed to be offering around €1.5m [£1.2m].

Carroll's future has been the subject of much speculation since new boss Brendan Rodgers arrived at Anfield in the summer but Milan's captures of Giampaolo Pazzini, M'baye Niang and the imminent Bojan appear to have filled the void left by Paris Saint-Germain-bound Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

In recent months both West Ham and Newcastle have also expressed an interest in Carroll, who has failed to find his best form since arriving at Anfield for £35m in January last year.

Related

From the web