The diminutive attacker feels he is often unfairly compared to club legend Alessandro Del Piero, but insists his goal record this season speaks for itselfJuventus striker Sebastian Giovinco believes he is worthy of a place in the team following his form so far this season.
The Italy international moved back to Turin from Parma in the summer, but has failed to live up to expectation, attracting boos from some of his own fans of late.
“The numbers are on my side,” he told La Stampa.
“I can’t answer why, for example, there are those who say I’m not good enough for Juve. The season is positive for me and the side.
“We’re top of the League with the best defence and the second-best attack, and we are still in Europe.”
Giovinco's arrival at the club coincided with icon Alessandro Del Piero's departure, and the 26-year-old feels he suffers from living in the World Cup winner's shadow.
“I’m condemned by the fact that there are always people who talk to me about Del Piero,” he continued.
“But I’ve always instantly said that I am Giovinco. Alex is unique, it would be difficult to match him.
“Will I stay? I’m not a director so I can’t answer that question. But I've only just arrived and I can’t see myself anywhere else.”
Giovinco also insisted that his goal celebration against Siena on Sunday - where he put a finger to his lips - was aimed at his critics as opposed to supporters.
“If you look at the pictures you can see that I didn’t turn to the Curva, but to a specific section," he added. "The fans are free to jeer who they want."