The Real Sociedad midfielder has been heavily linked with a move to the Santiago Bernabeu but his defensive team-mate denies that a transfer has been completed
According to reports, Madrid are set to offer la Real €30 million, which would be enough to prise the highly-rated Under-21 Spain international away from the Basque club as it triggers a release clause in his contract.
On Friday current skipper Xabi Prieto was adamant that it would take a hefty offer to lure Illarramendi away from the Anoeta and centre-back Ansotegui refused to be drawn on the rumours.
"Until we’re told anything, there's no point talking about possibilities and hypothetical situations," he told AS.
"For the moment all we know is that Asier is a ‘La Real’ player. Unless we’re told otherwise, he has to be here on Thursday [for training]. Those of us who are here should keep calm and not take any notice of what is being said.
“It’s not down to me or any player to talk about what could happen in the future. Last year, Asier was very important for us; if he stays, he’ll continue to be important.
"He is a high-quality player, but he isn’t the only one. There are other players who played to a very high level [last season], and there will be teams who want to sign them. I don’t think it’s down to me to tell him to stay or to go. It’s something that Real, Madrid and he should decide.”
Illarramendi has a contract with Real Sociedad until 2018.