thumbnail Hello,

The Levante coach believes the Portuguese would have spoken to the press about the incident if he believed it was a deliberate act of malice

Juan Ignacio Martinez is convinced David Navarro's elbow on Cristiano Ronaldo was nothing more than an accident, because of the silence of the Real Madrid since Sunday's encounter.

The Portugal international was substituted at half-time during the game, after suffering an eye injury following a clash with the Levante defender.

Since then, Navarro's previous disciplinary problems have been brought back into the spotlight, with many suggesting he deliberately injured Ronaldo, though Martinez is certain of his player's innocence.

“It was an accidental action, and to go through the history of Navarro's sporting career bothered me,” Martinez told reporters at a press conference. “There's no need to remind him, he has already paid for it.

“If Cristiano has not said anything, that is because he also believes it was accidental.”

Granotes return to Liga action on Sunday when they take on Deportivo La Coruna, while Los Blancos face Athletic Bilbao on Saturday.

Related

From the web