The 65-year-old, who was sacked by Tottenham earlier this month, insists he is willing to relocate from his south coast home in order to secure a post at a club
By Greg Stobart
Harry Redknapp has revealed he expects to find a new job within the next two weeks and insists he would consider relocating from his home on the south cast.
The 65-year-old was sacked as Tottenham manager on June 13 following the irretrievable breakdown of his relationship with chairman Daniel Levy and the club’s board.
Redknapp has been in charge of Bournemouth, West Ham, Portsmouth, Southampton and Tottenham during his managerial career and famously rejected the chance to take over at Newcastle before being appointed by Spurs in October 2008.
|6/4||Newcastle United are 6/4 with William Hill to beat Tottenham on the opening day of the new Premier League season.|
He has been taking a holiday but says he is open to offers from clubs - he has been linked with a job in Qatar - and not just those within commuting distance from his home in Sandbanks, Dorset.
“I'm taking a short break and intend to be back into management very soon – hopefully even within a couple of weeks,” Redknapp said.
“The idea I wouldn't move away from the area to manage is daft. If the job is the right one that's all that matters.”
Redknapp’s dismissal by Tottenham marked an incredible turnaround in fortunes for a man considered hot favourite to become England manager before the appointment of Roy Hodgson.
England take on Italy in the quarter-final of Euro 2012 in Kiev on Sunday and Redknapp admits he has been impressed by the Three Lions’ performances, although he does not expect them to win the tournament.
Redknapp added: “Roy's done really well with the team and I'm very pleased for him. I've said all along we can do well in the tournament and nothing has changed.
“If I had to pick a winner I'd have to say Germany or Spain but I retain a sneaky feeling that Portugal might just come through and shock everybody.”