The Hibs boss said that his side had no excuses after exiting the competition by a 9-0 aggregate scoreline and issued an apology to the club's fans
The Scottish Premier League side exited the competition with the largest ever aggregate defeat endured by a Scottish team in Europe, losing 9-0 over the two legs of the second qualifying round, and Fenlon said that he was "embarrassed" by the scoreline.
"Disappointed, embarrassed I suppose more than anything else," Fenlon told the BBC after the game. "It's my team I put out. Of course you ask questions of yourself. That was not good enough and I apologise to the supporters for that."
The Hibs boss acknowledged that Malmo had been technically better than his side, but conceded that he could not excuse the nature of their heavy loss and apologised profusely for the performance.
"We were just well beaten by a better side," he added. "But I apologise to the supporters. I don't want to put them through that.
"They're a good side, there's no doubt about that, their technique was very, very good. But there's no excuses for that. That's a poor performance, as simple as that.
"Like I said, I can't defend that and I'm not going to stand here and try to defend that," concluded Fenlon.
Meanwhile Wolves boss Kenny Jackett has indicated that Kevin Doyle has fallen behind a number of players in the pecking order ahead of the forthcoming season.
Doyle, who is a target for Celtic, was left out of Wolves' 2-1 win over Chesterfield on Tuesday July 23, with Jackett opting instead to use Leigh Griffiths, Liam McAlinden and Bjorn Sigurdarson in attack.
"I wanted to give the younger forwards a chance," said the Wolves boss. "We will see with Kevin but I didn't want to disappoint or move any of the younger guys out.
"With Kevin, I just felt he hasn't done enough to push any of those guys out yet."