thumbnail Hello,

The Republic of Ireland Under-21 international will remain with the Wicklow club, despite interest from a number of clubs, after signing a new contract

Dylan Connolly has ended speculation about his future after putting pen to paper on a new deal with Bray Wanderers.

Wanderers confirmed on Sunday that Connolly had signed a new two-year contract with the club and the 21-year-old said that he is looking forward to kicking off the 2017 campaign as part of Harry Kenny's squad.

TRANSFERS: Stay up to date with the comings and goings in the League of Ireland

"I am looking forward to the new season with Bray Wanderers FC and to getting into pre-season training with Harry, Liam and the squad," Connolly told the club's official website. 

"The past season was a brilliant part of my career and I look forward to repaying the clubs confidence in me as we strive to finish in the top part of the SSE Airtricity League.

"Harry Kenny had a huge impact on my football last season and I am grateful for what he has helped me to achieve."

Shamrock Rovers sign Canada international Chencinski

Connolly joined Bray in 2016 from English Championship club Ipswich Town and was a key player at the Carlisle Grounds scoring seven goals in 35 appearances in all competitions, including five league goals as the Seagulls finished sixth in the Premier Division.

The Republic of Ireland Under-21 international, who also counts Shelbourne among his former clubs, had been linked with a move to League of Ireland champions Dundalk as Stephen Kenny looks to replace Daryl Horgan, who left Oriel Park for Preston North End earlier this month.

Connolly's performances throughout 2016 saw him included in Goal's LOI 30, which ranked the top 30 players in the 2016 League of Ireland.

Related