Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer
Kuba, Gotze, Reus
Cherundolo, Eggimann, Haggui, Rausch
Ya Konan, Schlaudraff, Huszti
With the race for the Bundesliga title in the hands of rivals, Bayern Munich, it is likely that Dortmund boss, Jurgen Klopp, will add even more importance on the DFB Pokal this year, and so is likely to field a strong line-up against Hannover.
The German champions have been boosted by the news this week that Sebastian Kehl may feature in the cup after recovering from a knee injury. However, it is unclear whether the club captain will start the match.
Someone who will likely be put straight back into the fold is Marcel Schmelzer as the left-back has shaken off an infection and returned to full training on Tuesday.
However, Sven Bender is still sidelined with a groin injury.
Hannover go into the match missing three key players. Leon Andreasen is out with a cruciate ligament injury and will miss most of the season.
Brazilian defender Felipe will not feature due to a hip injury and influential midfielder Lars Stindl is currently recovering from surgery on his ankle. Due to the German's injury, Didier Ya Konan may be employed on the right-hand side.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Dortmund are the current holders of the DFB Pokal and have won the cup three times in their history. Bayern Munich have won the most titles, with 15.
- BVB are currently third place in the Bundesliga, 12 points off the pace set by their rivals, Bayern.
- Mats Hummels, Marcel Schmelzer, Mario Gotze, and Julian Schieber were all on target on Dortmund's previous DFB Pokal match, where they came out 4-1 winners against Aalen.
- Hannover are currently situated 11th in the German Bundesliga, with 23 points taken from 17 matches.
- Die Roten had to rely on penalty kicks to progress into the next round in their previous DFB Pokal match. They narrowly overcame Dynamo Dresden at the AWD Arena.
- Former Manchester United striker, Mame Biram Diouf, is Hannover's top goalscorer this season, with six goals.