Pep Guardiola's side look to get their title bid back on track after a disappointing Espanyol 1-1 draw as they welcome Pepe Mel's outfit to Camp Nou on Sunday night
Alves, Pique, Puyol, Abidal
Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta
Messi, Cesc, Alexis
Isidoro, Dorado, Mario, Nacho
Juanma, Benat, Iriney, Montero
Castro, Santa Cruz
Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has a few absentees heading into the match against Real Betis. Seydou Keita has departed for African Cup of Nations duty with Mali and will miss the next few weeks.
Pedro could be out for up to 10 days after pulling a hamstring in the Copa del Rey against Osasuna in midweek, a match where Andreu Fontas sustained a serious knee injury and could miss the rest of the campaign.
David Villa and Ibrahim Afellay are long term injury concerns and will be out of action for the foreseeable future. However, Dani Alves and Andres Iniesta should be fit enough to return to action after their minor knocks were rested at Osasuna.
Real Betis will be without defender Antonio Amaya and midfielder Momo, who both miss out with injury. On a positive note for the Andalusians, Nelson and Alvaro Vadillo are making good progress in their return to action, and have begun training in the gym.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The last time Barcelona played Real Betis, Pepe Mel's side emerged with a surprise 3-1 victory over the Catalan side in the Copa del Rey, with Jorge Molina grabbing a brace to help his side to victory.
- Barcelona have not played Real Betis in the Spanish Primera Division since February 2009. The match ended 2-2.
- Lionel Messi has scored just two goals less than the entire Real Betis squad in La Liga this season, with 17 goals to 19.
- Betis are currently comfortably placed in 10th spot in La Liga, with 22 points taken from 17 games.
- The Verdiblancos' top goalscorer this season is striker Ruben Castro, who has notched five in 12 appearances.
- Betis have lost twice as many times as they have won on the road this season in the league. They have triumphed on three occasions but have been defeated six times away from Benito Villamarin.