Luxembourg - Scotland Preview: Caretaker boss Stark takes charge for minnows clash
The interim manager has been hit by a raft of withdrawals for the clash at the Stade Josy Barthel, with the hosts enjoying improving performances in recent times
By Andy Sixsmith
Blaise, Hoffmann, Schnell, Bukvic
Bettmer, Gerson, Mutsch, Payal
Da Mota, Deville
Whittaker, Webster, Berra, Mulgrew
Commons, Fletcher, Kelly, Naismith
For Luxembourg, Luc Holtz has a full squad to choose from as Luxembourg prepare for the friendly visit of Scotland tomorrow night.
That means the coach can select Daniel Da Mota up front, with the striker recently netting a superb strike against Portugal in World Cup Qualifying.
Midfielders Lars Gerson and Mario Mutsch have also been declared fit for the friendly.
Caretaker Billy Stark has several noticeable absentees from his Scotland squad as they prepare for life without Craig Levein.
No fewer than nine squad regulars will miss the match at the Stade Josy Barthel, including Charlie Adam, Steven Fletcher, James Morrison, Phil Bardsley and Shaun Maloney.
Called up in their places are the uncapped quintet of Murray Davidson, Leigh Griffiths, Andrew Shinnie, Liam Kelly and Craig Samson, with Darren Barr, who has one cap to his name, also named in the squad.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Luxembourg are heading into the game in poor form, picking up just one draw and four defeats from their last five games.
- Scotland have had more of a mixed bag of results, winning and drawing three and losing two of their last eight matches.
- The Tartan Army are ranked 74 places above Luxembourg in November’s world rankings – the Scots are in 70th while Luc Holtz’s side are 144th.
- Scotland's current world ranking is their lowest since 2005
- Billy Stark's squad have scored 30 goals between them, although 17 of them have come from Kenny Miller, Darren Fletcher (pictured right) is the second-highest scorer in the side, with five international strikes.
- The game will represent the first ever meeting between Scotland and Luxembourg.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Luxembourg 0-2 Scotland
- 17.5 %
Luxembourg 0-3 Scotland
- 10 %
Luxembourg 1-2 Scotland
- 7.5 %
|International Friendlies (FR)||14 Nov 2012||Luxembourg 1 - Scotland 2|
|26 Mar 2013||Luxembourg 0 - Finland 3||FR|
|22 Mar 2013||Luxembourg 0 - Azerbaijan 0||WCQE|
|5 Feb 2013||Luxembourg 1 - Armenia 1||FR|
|14 Nov 2012||Luxembourg 1 - Scotland 2||FR|
|16 Oct 2012||Israel 3 - Luxembourg 0||WCQE|
|9||D. da Mota||Striker|
Times In GMT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed