Juventus - Atalanta Preview: Bianconeri look to maintain Serie A lead
Antonio Conte's men have won their last four games, and can stay four points clear at the top of the table with victory against La Dea
By Renger Dotinga
Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres
L'steiner, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah
Raimondi, Stendardo, Manfredini, Peluso
Schelotto, Cigarini, Rad'vic, Bonaventura
Juventus coach Antonio Conte will be unable to call upon the services of Arturo Vidal and Nicklas Bendtner when his side host Atalanta on Sunday.
Both the combative midfielder and the Danish striker were forced off early in the Bianconeri's midweek cup win over Cagliari. Paul Pogba is likely to replace the Chilean in the centre of the park, with Matri and Vucinic reclaiming the two forward berths.
Stefano Colantuono has few injury concerns heading into the match, but he will be without influential goalkeeper Andrea Consigli. Ciro Polito looks set to deputise for the Italian between the sticks, while Ivan Radovanovic will be hoping for a start in the absence of of Carlos Carmona.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Juventus are on a four-game winning streak, keeping clean sheets in each of those fixtures.
- The Bianconeri currently hold a four-point lead over Inter atop the Serie A table, having lost just two of their 16 games up to this point.
- Antonio Conte's (pictured) men hold one of the best defensive records of any European side, having conceded just 10 goals up to this point - an average of just 0.63 goals per game.
- Atalanta currently sit 10th in the domestic standings, despite having been handed a two-point deduction at the beginning of the season.
- La Dea have won just two of their last six however, having succumbed to a 3-0 defeat away to Roma last time out.
- Stefano Colantuano's charges poor away record extends beyond that defeat, with the Orobici having grabbed just two wins away from the Stadio Atleti this season.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Juventus 3-0 Atalanta
- 26.88 %
Juventus 2-0 Atalanta
- 24.83 %
Juventus 3-1 Atalanta
- 9.5 %
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||8 May 2013||Atalanta 0 - Juventus 1|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||16 Dec 2012||Juventus 3 - Atalanta 0|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||13 May 2012||Juventus 3 - Atalanta 1|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||21 Jan 2012||Atalanta 0 - Juventus 2|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||28 Mar 2010||Juventus 2 - Atalanta 1|
|11 Dec 2013||Galatasaray 1 - Juventus 0||UCL|
|6 Dec 2013||Bologna 0 - Juventus 2||SR-A|
|1 Dec 2013||Juventus 1 - Udinese 0||SR-A|
|27 Nov 2013||Juventus 3 - FC Copenhagen 1||UCL|
|24 Nov 2013||Livorno 0 - Juventus 2||SR-A|
|11||Paolo De Ceglie||Defender|
|-||Carlos Javier Matheu||Defender|
|-||Adriano Ferreira Pinto||Midfielder|
|91||Giuseppe De Luca||Striker|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed