Paris Saint-Germain - Lille Preview: Garcia's struggling side travel to the capital to face in-form Parisiens
Carlo Ancelotti's men welcome the 2011 champions to the Parc des Princes, knowing that a win will see them return to the top following Lyon's win on Friday
By Mohammed Ali
Jallet, Camara, Sakho, Maxwell
Lucas Moura, Matuidi, Verratti, Pastore
Beria, Basa, Chedjou, Digne
Mavuba, Balmont, Pedretti
Paris Saint-Germain coach Carlo Ancelotti is set to welcome back Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who was suspended for Wednesday's 3-1 Coupe de France win over Toulouse on Wednesday.
Kevin Gameiro started alongside Ezequiel Lavezzi that night, but Ancelotti will likely pump for the latter to start with the returning Swede. Marco Verratti should keep his place in midfield ahead of Clement Chantome in midfield.
Thiago Silva remains injured, with Alex uncertain to start on Sunday. Replacing the duo could be fourth-choice Zoumana Camara, with Sylvain Armand picking up a few niggles in Wednesday's cup win.
Lille coach Rudi Garcia is split between his usual 4-3-3 formation or switching to 4-4-2 as was the case in the 3-1 win over amateurs Plabennec on Thursday.
Nolan Roux is expected to lead the line, with Dimitri Payet and Marvin Martin providing the ammunition behind him. Otherwise, there are no major injury woes for Garcia to mull over.
Salomon Kalou, Ryan Mendes, Mohamed Sissoko and Siaka Tiene are away at the Africa Cup of Nations.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Paris Saint-Germain sit can move top of Ligue 1 on goal difference with victory here.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic tops the Ligue 1 scoring charts on 20 league goals, two fewer than last season's joint-top scorers Olivier Giroud and Nene. However, he only has six at home this season.
- Salvatore Sirigu has not conceded a league goal for PSG since the 2-1 defeat to Nice on 1 December - a total of 686 minutes.
- Lille sit in 10th place in Ligue 1 after their shock 2-0 home defeat against Nice.
- Rudi Garcia's side have just one win in their last ten league games on the road. They have two away wins in Ligue 1 all season.
- Les Dogues have not won a league game away at the Parc des Princes since 1996.
- Both Lille's Grand Stade Lille Metropole and PSG's Parc des Princes were shortlisted as the ten venues for Euro 2016 on Friday.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Paris Saint-Germain 2-0 LOSC Lille Métropole
- 23.36 %
Paris Saint-Germain 3-1 LOSC Lille Métropole
- 13.12 %
Paris Saint-Germain 3-0 LOSC Lille Métropole
- 11.48 %
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||27 Jan 2013||Paris Saint-Germain 1 - LOSC Lille Métropole 0|
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||2 Sep 2012||LOSC Lille Métropole 1 - Paris Saint-Germain 2|
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||29 Apr 2012||LOSC Lille Métropole 2 - Paris Saint-Germain 1|
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||18 Dec 2011||Paris Saint-Germain 0 - LOSC Lille Métropole 0|
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||21 May 2011||Paris Saint-Germain 2 - LOSC Lille Métropole 2|
|18 May 2013||Paris Saint-Germain 3 - Stade Brestois 29 1||FRA1|
|12 May 2013||Olympique Lyonnais 0 - Paris Saint-Germain 1||FRA1|
|5 May 2013||Paris Saint-Germain 1 - Valenciennes FC 1||FRA1|
|28 Apr 2013||Evian Thonon Gaillard 0 - Paris Saint-Germain 1||FRA1|
|21 Apr 2013||Paris Saint-Germain 3 - OGC Nice 0||FRA1|
|LOSC Lille Métropole|
|18 May 2013||Montpellier Herault SC 0 - LOSC Lille Métropole 0||FRA1|
|10 May 2013||LOSC Lille Métropole 3 - Stade de Reims 0||FRA1|
|4 May 2013||Toulouse FC 4 - LOSC Lille Métropole 2||FRA1|
|26 Apr 2013||LOSC Lille Métropole 3 - FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 3||FRA1|
|21 Apr 2013||SC Bastia 1 - LOSC Lille Métropole 2||FRA1|
|Returns:||PSG £14.44||Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Returns:||Draw £100.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Lille £660.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|2||Gregory van der Wiel||Defender|
|30||Barel Morial Mouko||Goalkeeper|
Times In GMT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed