Swansea City - Manchester City Preview: Hosts looking to end a six-game winless run
Michael Laudrup's side will be hoping to stop a poor run of results but will have to overcome Roberto Mancini's team, out to finish the season on a positive and secure second spot
By Shane Farrington
Rangel, Chico, Williams, Taylor
Routledge, De Guzman, Hernandez
Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy
Yaya Toure, Barry
Silva, Tevez, Milner
Swansea boss Michael Laudrup is unlikely to make too many changes from the side who lost 2-0 in their previous match away to Chelsea. Neil Taylor came off the bench in that game to make his comeback from a long spell on the sidelines and he could start in place of Ben Davies.
Michu is again set to start up front with support expected to come from fellow Spaniard Pablo Hernandez. The Swans should have a fully fit squad from which to choose against last season's Premier League title winners.
As for the visitors, Roberto Mancini could make a couple of changes from the starting XI which beat West Ham 2-1. Matija Nastasic may come in in place of Joleon Lescott.
Further forward, James Milner and Javi Garcia are both pushing for starts. Sergio Aguero is set to keep his place in attack, with Mancini likely to rest him for their midweek game ahead of the FA Cup final against Wigan.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Swansea City have failed to win any of their last six league matches, losing four and drawing two.
- The Swans have scored 43 goals in the Premier League this season - the lowest amount of any of the sides inside the top nine.
- The game between the two sides earlier in the season finished in a 1-0 win to City, with Carlos Tevez (pictured right) scoring in the second half.
- Tevez is his side's highest scorer this season, with 17 goals, as well as having provided the joint-highest number of assists with seven, the same as Samir Nasri and David Silva.
Tevez is 8/1 with Bet365 to score two or more goals in this game.
- Manchester City are the fifth-highest scorers in the league away from home this season with 23 goals. Manchester United (36) have scored the most.
- Mancini's side have only lost five games in the league this season, just one more than United.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Swansea City 1-3 Manchester City
- 15.44 %
Swansea City 1-2 Manchester City
- 10.05 %
Swansea City 0-2 Manchester City
- 9.48 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||1 Dec 2013||Manchester City 3 - Swansea City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||4 May 2013||Swansea City 0 - Manchester City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||27 Oct 2012||Manchester City 1 - Swansea City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||11 Mar 2012||Swansea City 1 - Manchester City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||15 Aug 2011||Manchester City 4 - Swansea City 0|
|9 Dec 2013||Swansea City 1 - Hull City 1||EPL|
|4 Dec 2013||Swansea City 3 - Newcastle United 0||EPL|
|1 Dec 2013||Manchester City 3 - Swansea City 0||EPL|
|28 Nov 2013||Swansea City 0 - Valencia CF 1||EL|
|23 Nov 2013||Fulham 1 - Swansea City 2||EPL|
|20||Jonathan De Guzmán||Midfielder|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed