QPR - Arsenal Preview: Relegated Rs play for pride against Champions League chasers
Arsene Wenger's men remain confident of securing a place in the top four as they battle Chelsea and Tottenham but face a side who beat them in the same fixture last season
By Adam Mazrani
Fabio, Onuoha, Hill, Traore
Jenas, M'bia, Granero
Remy, Zamora, Townsend
Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal
Ramsey, Arteta, Rosicky
Walcott, Podolski, Cazorla
QPR welcome back Bobby Zamora from suspension and he could take his place in a three-pronged frontline alongside Loic Remy and Andros Townsend, who is looks likely to overcome a hamstring injury.
Christopher Samba is a doubt with a knee problem, while Shaun Wright-Phillips (ankle) and DJ Campbell (foot) are long-term absentees.
Arsenal will remain without the suspended Olivier Giroud, meaning that Lukas Podolski should again start as the focal attacking output, although he faces competition from Gervinho and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
Elsewhere, Jack Wilshere and Nacho Monreal are vying for first-team places ahead of Kieran Gibbs and Tomas Rosicky respectively as Arsene Wenger faces the luxury of a near-fully fit squad.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- QPR have two former Arsenal players in their ranks, Armand Traore and Jay Bothroyd.
- Park Ji-Sung has scored five goals against Arsenal in his career, all coming for Manchester United.
- Since QPR's return to the Premier League in August 2011, the Gunners have failed to score more than a single goal in any of their three encounters with them.
- The Rs won the same fixture 2-1 last term thanks to goals from Adel Taarabt and Samba Diakite.
- Arsenal are top of the Premier League form table with 14 points from their last six matches, one ahead of London rivals Chelsea.
- Santi Cazorla (pictured right) has been Arsenal's only ever-present in the Premier League this season, starting 34 of their 35 matches played so far and appearing as a substitute in the other.
- Jack Wilshere returned to first-team action for Arsenal in the reverse fixture with QPR earlier this season. He has gone on to make 32 more appearances for club and country since then.
Bet365 offer 3/1 on Wilshere scoring at anytime v QPR.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
QPR 0-3 Arsenal FC
- 19.12 %
QPR 0-2 Arsenal FC
- 14.55 %
QPR 1-3 Arsenal FC
- 11.82 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||4 May 2013||QPR 0 - Arsenal FC 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||27 Oct 2012||Arsenal FC 1 - QPR 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||31 Mar 2012||QPR 2 - Arsenal FC 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||31 Dec 2011||Arsenal FC 1 - QPR 0|
|3 Dec 2013||QPR 3 - Bournemouth 0||ENG2|
|30 Nov 2013||Doncaster Rovers 2 - QPR 1||ENG2|
|23 Nov 2013||QPR 1 - Charlton Athletic 0||ENG2|
|9 Nov 2013||Reading 1 - QPR 1||ENG2|
|2 Nov 2013||QPR 2 - Derby County 1||ENG2|
|-||Tal Ben Haim||Defender|
|22||Fabio Da Silva||Defender|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed