Juventus - Napoli Preview: Old Lady aim to continue title challenge as Mazzarri's men look to step up Champions League chase
Antonio Conte's side are back on the winning trail following a run of draws, but now face a Partenopei outfit keen to recover from last week's disappointing draw with Catania
By Livio Caferoglu
Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini
L'steiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, De Ceglie
Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica
Maggio, Gargano, Inler, Zuniga
Juventus have a full squad to choose from for the visit of Napoli on Sunday, but it is likely that coach Antonio Conte will utilise a 3-5-2 formation during the match.
The trainer used his tried-and-trusted 4-3-3 against Inter last week, but it is expected that goalscorers Martin Caceres and Alessandro Del Piero will be benched in favour of Leonardo Bonucci and Stephan Lichtsteiner, while there will be no place for Simone Pepe.
Meanwhile for Napoli, a number of changes look set to take place from the 2-2 draw with Catania a week ago. The alterations start in defence, as Hugo Campagnaro has returned to the fold and should replace Federico Fernandez.
Elsewhere, Andrea Dossena and Blerim Dzemaili will be dropped to accommodate Christian Maggio and Gokhan Inler in midfield.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- In 131 previous Serie A meetings, Juventus have won 58 times against Napoli, compared to their rivals' 28 victories.
- However, the Partenopei are unbeaten in their last five games against the Old Lady.
- Alessandro Matri has already netted five goals against the Partenopei.
- The Bianconeri have failed to score in just one of their last 19 games at home.
- Napoli are unbeaten in the last nine Serie A matches, but have drawn their last two.
- Walter Mazzarri's side have shipped seven goals over their last three fixtures in the league.
- Marek Hamsik has scored five goals against Juventus; more than against any other club.
- Napoli have netted 145 strikes against the Old Lady, the most against in Italy's top-flight division.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Juventus 2-0 Napoli
- 22.71 %
Juventus 2-1 Napoli
- 19.42 %
Juventus 3-1 Napoli
- 10.36 %
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||10 Nov 2013||Juventus 3 - Napoli 0|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||1 Mar 2013||Napoli 1 - Juventus 1|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||20 Oct 2012||Juventus 2 - Napoli 0|
|Italy - TIM Supercup (TIMS)||11 Aug 2012||Juventus 4 - Napoli 2|
|Italy - Coppa Italia (ITAC)||20 May 2012||Juventus 0 - Napoli 2|
|1 Dec 2013||Juventus 1 - Udinese 0||SR-A|
|27 Nov 2013||Juventus 3 - FC Copenhagen 1||UCL|
|24 Nov 2013||Livorno 0 - Juventus 2||SR-A|
|10 Nov 2013||Juventus 3 - Napoli 0||SR-A|
|5 Nov 2013||Juventus 2 - Real Madrid CF 2||UCL|
|11||Paolo De Ceglie||Defender|
|-||Alessandro Del Piero||Striker|
|26||Morgan De Sanctis||Goalkeeper|
|5||Miguel Angel Britos||Defender|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed