Valencia - Levante Preview: Los Che aim to return to winning ways in derby clash
After a string of sorry results and performances, Unai Emery's team hope to hold on to the third-place spot in the league with a victory over their neighbours
By Roger Gonzalez
Barragan, Ruiz, Rami, Mathieu
Feghouli, Jonas, Piatti
Lopez, Ballesteros, Navarro, Juanfran
Zhar, Barkero, Botelho
Jordi Alba and Roberto Soldado will be absent for Valencia due to suspension, while Angel Dealbert, Bruno and Miguel look set to miss the match with knocks. Ever Banega and Sergio Canales, who suffered long-term injuries earlier this season, are still out.
Hedwiges Maduro's recovery from an ankle problem is progressing well, but he is very unlikely to feature on Sunday.
Levante, on the other hand, have a fully-fit squad at their disposal. Keylor Navas was the only one to miss out on Wednesday's session due to personal reasons. Coach Juan Ignacio is set to start with Arouna Kone upfront, supported by Nabil El Zhar, Jose Barkero and Pedro Botelho.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Valencia sit in third place in La Liga with 47 points ahead of Malaga on goal difference
- Los Che lost three consecutive games for the first time all season after suffering a 1-2 loss to AZ Alkmaar in the Europa League quarter-final first leg.
- The last time Valencia won a league match at home was on February 12th, a 4-0 win over Sporting Gijon.
- Levante are in fifth place with 44 points and can tie their opponents in the standings with a victory.
- This will be the fourth meeting between the teams this season, with Valencia winning the first three.
- Levante's next opponents after Los Che are Atletico Madrid, Sporting Gijon, Barcelona and Sevilla, and face a tough challenge if they are to qualify for Europe.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Valencia CF 3-0 Levante UD
- 14.82 %
Valencia CF 2-0 Levante UD
- 14.82 %
Valencia CF 3-1 Levante UD
- 13.89 %
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||2 Mar 2013||Valencia CF 2 - Levante UD 2|
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||7 Oct 2012||Levante UD 1 - Valencia CF 0|
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||1 Apr 2012||Valencia CF 1 - Levante UD 1|
|Spain - Copa del Rey (ESPC)||26 Jan 2012||Levante UD 0 - Valencia CF 3|
|Spain - Copa del Rey (ESPC)||19 Jan 2012||Valencia CF 4 - Levante UD 1|
|1 Dec 2013||Valencia CF 3 - Osasuna 0||LIGA|
|28 Nov 2013||Swansea City 0 - Valencia CF 1||EL|
|24 Nov 2013||Elche 2 - Valencia CF 1||LIGA|
|10 Nov 2013||Valencia CF 2 - Valladolid 2||LIGA|
|7 Nov 2013||St. Gallen 2 - Valencia CF 3||EL|
|20||Aritz Aduriz Zubeldia||Striker|
|12||Juan García García||Defender|
|12||Gustavo Daniel Cabral||Defender|
|25||Nabil El Zhar||Midfielder|
|-||Abdel Kader Ghezzal||Striker|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed