Vitesse - Ajax Preview: Champions look to record 14th consecutive victory
The capital outfit wrapped up the title last time out, leaving both sides with nothing but pride to play for
By Renger Dotinga
van Struijk, Kashia, Kalas, Buttner
van Ginkel, Bony, van HeijdenIbarra, Havenaar, Hofs
van Rhijn, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Blind
De Jong, Anita, Janssen
Lukoki, Sigthorsson, Ebicilio
John van den Brom has little concerns going into Sunday's encounter, with an almost entirely available squad at his disposal. Davy Propper is the only confirmed absentee for the hosts, while Wilfred Bony and Alexander Buttner look set to shake off knocks in time to feature.
Frank de Boer has confirmed he will ring the changes following Wednesday's title-retention, with several youngsters likely to be named in the starting XI. Christian Eriksen will be rested due to a groin problem, which could see deputy striker Siem de Jong shifted back into his preferred midfield berth. Kolbein Sigthorsson is in line to start, while Jody Lukoki could be given the nod ahead of Ismail Aissati on the right flank.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Vitesse are undefeated in their last six. The Arnhem side recorded a 2-2 victory away to Utrecht last time out.
- The hosts have booked their place in the play-offs for the Europa League, sitting seventh in the table.
- Wilfred Bony (pictured) is his side's top scorer, with 13 league goals to his name this term. Marco van Ginkel is his closest contender, having netted 6 up to this point.
- Ajax claimed their 31st Eredivisie title with a 2-0 victory over VVV on Wednesday. It is the first time the Godenzonen bag consecutive league crowns since 1996.
- Two goals from Siem de Jong in that encounter took his side's season total to 90, the highest of any Eredivisie side.
- The capital side have now recorded 13 consecutive league victories, six short of the record held by the Ajax of 1971/1972.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Vitesse 0-2 Ajax
- 16.44 %
Vitesse 1-3 Ajax
- 14.38 %
Vitesse 0-3 Ajax
- 13.7 %
|Netherlands - KNVB Beker (NEDC)||31 Jan 2013||Vitesse 0 - Ajax 4|
|Netherlands - Eredivisie (ERE)||27 Jan 2013||Vitesse 3 - Ajax 2|
|Netherlands - Eredivisie (ERE)||3 Nov 2012||Ajax 0 - Vitesse 2|
|Netherlands - Eredivisie (ERE)||6 May 2012||Vitesse 1 - Ajax 3|
|Netherlands - Eredivisie (ERE)||26 Aug 2011||Ajax 4 - Vitesse 1|
|12 May 2013||Vitesse 0 - VVV-Venlo 1||ERE|
|5 May 2013||RKC Waalwijk 3 - Vitesse 2||ERE|
|28 Apr 2013||Vitesse 3 - Willem II 1||ERE|
|21 Apr 2013||Feyenoord 2 - Vitesse 0||ERE|
|13 Apr 2013||Roda JC 3 - Vitesse 3||ERE|
|Returns:||Vitesse £710.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Draw £290.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Ajax £18.00||Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|37||Jan-Arie van der Heijden||Midfielder|
|-||Marco van Ginkel||Midfielder|
|6||Frank van der Struijk||Defender|
|52||Patrick van Aanholt||Defender|
|2||Gregory van der Wiel||Defender|
|10||Siem de Jong||Midfielder|
|9||Mounir El Hamdaoui||Striker|
|34||Ricardo van Rhijn||Defender|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed