Chelsea-Manchester United Preview: Manchester City await winners of quarter-final replay
Rafa Benitez's side staged an unlikely comeback from two goals down to set up a repeat fixture at Stamford Bridge for the chance to face Roberto Mancini's men at Wembley
By Husmukh Kerai
Azpilicueta, Luiz, Terry, Cole
Oscar, Mata, Hazard
Jones, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra
Welbeck, Rooney, Nani
Juan Mata, Eden Hazard, Ashley Cole, David Luiz, Ramires and Demba Ba should all return to Rafa Benitez's starting line-up after missing Chelsea's league defeat at Southampton on Saturday.
The Chelsea boss could make around six changes to his side ahead of a run of five games in the next 13 days.
Gary Cahill (knee) is a doubt so John Terry is likely to continue in defence alongside Luiz. With Ba cup-tied for the Blues in the Europa League, the Senegalese should be handed a start on Monday. Mata should return to the side after missing the match at St Mary's with illness.
Sir Alex Ferguson is also likely to make several changes to his side after rotating the team in the weekend win at Sunderland.
Phil Jones could return to the side at right-back after Rafael (groin) was forced off at the weekend. Tom Cleverley and Ryan Giggs are also likely to feature after sitting out Saturday's match.
In attack, Danny Welbeck and Chicharito will hope for a starting berth with Nani also ready to come in. Antonio Valencia, Ashley Young and Robin van Persie should drop to the bench.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chelsea defender Ashley Cole has won the FA Cup more times than any other player, lifting the famous trophy an astonishing seven times.
- Juan Mata recently became the first Premier League player to score 10 goals and provide 10 assists.
- Manchester United striker Chicharito (pictured right) enjoys playing against Chelsea, the Mexican striker has struck in five of his last seven games against the Blues in all competitions.
- No player in the top flight has hit the woodwork more than Van Persie this season. The Dutchman has been denied by a post or the crossbar seven times.
- Left-back Patrice Evra has played more minutes (2,430) than any other United player in the league this season.
- Eighteen goals have been scored in the three meetings between the sides this season.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Chelsea FC 1-2 Manchester United
- 18.37 %
Chelsea FC 2-1 Manchester United
- 14.55 %
Chelsea FC 1-3 Manchester United
- 11.24 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||19 Jan 2014||Chelsea FC 3 - Manchester United 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||26 Aug 2013||Manchester United 0 - Chelsea FC 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||5 May 2013||Manchester United 0 - Chelsea FC 1|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||1 Apr 2013||Chelsea FC 1 - Manchester United 0|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||10 Mar 2013||Manchester United 2 - Chelsea FC 2|
|13 Apr 2014||Swansea City 0 - Chelsea FC 1||EPL|
|8 Apr 2014||Chelsea FC 2 - Paris Saint-Germain 0||UCL|
|5 Apr 2014||Chelsea FC 3 - Stoke City 0||EPL|
|2 Apr 2014||Paris Saint-Germain 3 - Chelsea FC 1||UCL|
|29 Mar 2014||Crystal Palace 1 - Chelsea FC 0||EPL|
|12||John Obi Mikel||Midfielder|
|1||David de Gea||Goalkeeper|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|
Times In GMT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed