Tottenham-FC Basel Preview: Spurs continue Europa League hunt
Andre Villas-Boas' side face the Swiss league leaders in the first-leg of their quarter-final White Hart Lane
By Ryan Bailey
Walker, Dawson, Gallas, Vertonghen
Lennon, Dembele, Bale
Park, Degen, Dragovic, Schar
Die, Stocker, Frei, Diaz
With the exception of goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, Tottenham have a fully-fit squad at their disposal for the Europa League quarter-final first-leg clash with FC Basel at White Hart Lane.
The France international is still recovering from a knee injury he picked up on international duty last week, with Brad Friedel set to continue between the posts for Andre Villas-Boas' side.
Both Michael Dawson and Aaron Lennon returned from injury for Saturday's 2-1 win at Swansea and the duo are expected to start on Thursday, while William Gallas and Jake Livermore should be recalled.
Jermain Defoe has scored four goals in the Europa League this season and is likely to replace Emmanuel Adebayor as Spurs' lone striker, but Sandro and Younes Kaboul remain long-term absentees.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
The sides are meeting for the first time in Uefa competition.
- A 4-1 loss at Inter in their round of 16 second leg ended Tottenham's 10-game unbeaten run in Europe, which stretched back to last season's Europa League group stage.
- Defenders Kyle Walker and Jan Vertonghen have appeared in all 930 minutes of Tottenham's Europa League campaign.
- FC Basel are the sole reigning domestic champions still in the draw. They have also played more European matches this term than any other surviving team (16), having begun their continental campaign in the second qualifying round of the Champions League.
- FC Basel have picked up 23 yellow cards and three red cards in this season's Europa League, the most in the competition.
- Alexander Frei – who will hang up his boots in the summer – has scored the most European club competition goals of any of the players left in the competition: 32 in 59 games.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Tottenham 2-0 Basel
- 21.78 %
Tottenham 3-0 Basel
- 17.03 %
Tottenham 3-1 Basel
- 14.83 %
|UEFA Europa League (EL)||11 Apr 2013||Basel 2 - Tottenham 2|
|UEFA Europa League (EL)||4 Apr 2013||Tottenham 2 - Basel 2|
|8 Mar 2014||Chelsea FC 4 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
|2 Mar 2014||Tottenham 1 - Cardiff City 0||EPL|
|27 Feb 2014||Tottenham 3 - Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1||EL|
|23 Feb 2014||Norwich City 1 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
|20 Feb 2014||Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1 - Tottenham 0||EL|
|-||G. Serey Die||Midfielder|
|-||Mohamed El Nenny||Midfielder|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed