The midfielder had been told by the Saints on several occasions that he could leave if a bigger team wanted to sign him but a move to White Hart Lane is now being blockedBy Greg Stobart
Morgan Schneiderlin is preparing to hand in a transfer request to force through a move from Southampton to Tottenham.
The midfielder is furious that Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger announced on Tuesday that he will not be sold this summer despite advanced talks between the Saints and Spurs over a transfer.
Schneiderlin is ready to submit a transfer request and could even refuse to play for Southampton as he believes that the club have broken repeated promises.
The Saints told the France international they would not stand in his way if a big club wanted to sign him when he penned a four-year contract in February 2013.
They repeated the promise last summer when Schneiderlin opted to stay at the club amid serious interest from Arsenal, while the midfielder was assured that Southampton would listen to offers when he told them of his desire to leave St Mary's Stadium before this summer’s World Cup.
Schneiderlin has seen several team-mates leave the club this summer and does not understand why the Saints should stand in his way, having been willing to sell so many players.
Southampton informed the player's agent that he would not be sold in a meeting at St Mary's on Tuesday afternoon, before Krueger conducted a number of bullish interviews insisting that the Frenchman and fellow Spurs target Jay Rodriguez were not for sale.
Schneiderlin, who cost €2 million when he joined from Strasbourg in 2008, expressed his anger over Southampton's stance on Twitter on Tuesday night.
6 years of an amazing journey #saintsfc DESTROYED in 1 hour !!!— Morgan Schneiderlin (@SchneiderlinMo4) July 29, 2014
He is desperate to reunite with former Saints manager Mauricio Pochettino at Tottenham and has no intention of remaining at Southampton, believing that the club have backed him into a situation where he must force a move in order to save face with angry supporters.
The Southampton board have been heavily criticised by their fans for the summer exodus in which Adam Lallana, Rickie Lambert, Luke Shaw, Dejan Lovren and Calum Chambers have all left the club.
Tottenham had been confident of securing deals for Schneiderlin and forward Jay Rodriguez but Krueger insisted on Tuesday that both players will stay at the club.
He told Sky Sports News: "Specifically to Rodriguez and Schneiderlin, they will not be going anywhere. We see them as part of a core and the core we've got right now and in place is a core that is where Ronald [Koeman] would like to go and they a part of that core.
"Any reports that Rodriguez or Schneiderlin are leaving or we are in engaged in transfer conversations are totally off the mark. They will not be sold."