Manchester United had been strongly linked with the Poland international in 2012, but Bayern Munich have recently emerged as contenders to sign the striker according to reports in early February.
Watzke seemed calm on chatter of BVB’s sought-after forward leaving Signal Iduna Park, and insisted that no transfer queries have been forthcoming from other clubs regarding Lewandowski.
"There are no enquiries," he told ZDF. "However, I'm aware of the interest in the player, which is normal [considering his quality]. We're in a good situation and we're not forced to sell players.
"When the offers come, we will talk to Robert, but there's a good chance he decides to stay with us. We are playing Champions League and have a good chance to qualify again for next season, I just don't see the necessity to let go any players."
Dortmund drew 2-2 at Shakhtar Donetsk on Wednesday night with Lewandowski the scorer of the first goal for the visitors and, after giving his thoughts on the result, he refused to be drawn on the Bayern transfer rumours.
He said: "It's tough to say how valuable this draw is, the second leg will show that and I hope we can proceed to the next round.
"For now I'm still a Borussia Dortmund player and even though I'm banned at the moment, I hope to be back for the cup game versus Bayern."
Former Bayern star Lothar Matthaus had claimed that the striker will join the Bavarians in the summer, but Lewandowski dismissed his words, adding: "I didn't talk to Matthaus, I have no clue [where he got this information]."