The Black Stars guardsman is on his way out of the Brazilians squad after the club’s top hierarchy admitted ongoing talks with an unnamed club in Europe
Mamelodi Sundowns have agreed to begin negotiations after an offer from an unnamed club from Turkey's top-flight league. The 21-year-old former Asante Kotoko defender will be made aware of his future before this Friday.
A source within the Brazilians’ camp has told Goal that the club is still considering the offer hence the reason for the delay on his future.
“Sumaila's future will be decided during the course of the week,” the source told Goal. “Sundowns are talking to a team from Turkey and are really considering the offer, that's why he hasn’t been registered.”
Head coach Pitso Mosimane had earlier debunked stories linking the Ghana defender out of the club revealing that the club is poised to maintain their best players after winning last season's local league.
Sundowns have already found a replacement for the Ghanaian after signing Mario Booysen from Maritzburg United as a backup should Sumaila leave. Sumaila is still not registered and has not featured in any of the games Mamelodi Sundowns have played this season.
He was part of last season's winning squad that clinched the league and was named in Ghana's squad for the 2014 Fifa World Cup in Brazil. He has played six times for the Black Stars.