With the visitors' hopes of retaining their title long gone, they will be hoping to defeat their rivals and win the cup for a second year in a row
Lahm, Van Buyten, Dante, Alaba
Muller, Kroos, Robben
Piszczek, Subotic, Santana, Schmelzer
Blaszczykowski, Gotze, Reus
Bayern Munich will be without the serivces of star man Franck Ribery, who is suspended after being sent off in the last round against Augsburg, with Arjen Robben expected to step in for the Frenchman.
However, Javi Martinez has shaken off a minor groin strain which forced him off early against Werder Bremen at the weekend, while Daniel Van Buyten has shaken off the flu.
Borussia Dortmund, meanwhile, will be boosted by the return of Robert Lewandowski, who has missed their recent league games due to suspension.
Meanwhile, Mats Hummels is expected to miss out with flu and will be replaced by Felipe Santana, but Jakub Blaszczykowski has recovered from a minor injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bayern Munich have conceded just two goals since the start of 2013, both came in their last two matches.
- These two teams met in the final of the competition last season, with Dortmund recording a 5-2 victory over their rivals.
- Legendary coach Ottmar Hitzfeld (pictured, right) won this trophy three times with Bayern, but never during his six years with BVB.
- Borussia Dortmund have lost just once in their last seven meetings with Bayern Munich - in the Supercup in August.
- Mats Hummels started his career at the Allianz Arena, and moved to BVB in 2009, initially on loan.
- Ten of the 19 players called up to Germany's squad for the recent fixture against France play for one of these clubs.