Guinea international Kevin Constant has parted ways with the national team, vowing not to report to camp anymore for international assignments less than a week to the Syli National’s faceoff against Niger in the return leg of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations final qualifying round.
The 25-year-old AC Milan midfielder said in a letter sent to the Guinea football federation officials on Monday that his relationship with certain players, officials and inadequate resources for the outfit especially during competitions were reasons behind his decision.
“I have already expressed my concerns about these problems in previous gatherings in order to improve our working conditions and bring calmness and satisfaction to the group, but so far I have not noticed any positive change, even worse, during our last meeting, accommodation conditions and otherwise worsened. I have long resisted the situation but I can no longer,” the French born former Chievo player said in his note released by the FA.
Compounding issues for Guinea coach Michel Dussuyer, team captain Kamil Zayatte and key striker Idrissa Sylla are yet to recover from injuries and remain doubtful for the October 13 clash in Niamey.
Central defender Omar Kalabane has already been declared unfit for the meeting following a sprained ankle and has been replaced by home based Fode Camara of Fello Star Labe.
Guinea won the first leg by a lone goal last month in Conakry. The group began preparations on Monday in Burkina Faso’s capital Ouagadougou and will leave for Niger on Friday October 12.