Both teams are anxious to return to winning ways, but the odds favour the Blues, who could come out tops in Kumasi on Saturday
Sakara, Adjetey, A Abdul, Hassan
Kwamena, Twumasi, Boakye
Mohammed, Yeboah, A Abdulai
Yaw, Cole, Arthur, Boateng
Idan, Asante, Salifu, Nafiu
Due to the ban placed on the Pride of the North, there was a controversy as to where to play, and finally they settled to use the Kumasi grounds for the only game of Saturday.
The fixture involves two teams anxious to return to winning ways with RTU suffering the more after conceding three consecutive loses in its last three games.
The Blues after being denied the top spot of the domestic top flight as a result of a goalless draw game against King Faisal will have the upper hand over the minnows.
The Tamale-based club, who are facing many challenges after being promoted from the Division One side, are currently at the bottom of the standings with just four points from 10 matches played this season.
Coach Yusif Abubakar's side who are also currently fourth on the log will be coming in with an attacking mindset, which they started the season with. Latif Salifu and Jordan Opoku will be the players to watch in this game.
RTU coach Alhassan Dawou has admitted he is under intense pressure to turn around their downward spiral and will hope for some form of magic when they trek to Kumasi. Diminutive striker Salifu is in a good form to start, but coach Abubakar must weigh up the merit of whom to pick from Sadick Adams and Eric Bekoe.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Berekum Chelsea are currently 117th in the whole world and fourth in Africa and also fourth on the log of the domestic top flight.
- The Blues have scored 11 and conceded four in all the 10 matches played this season.
- Chelsea still suffers from the heaviest of 4-1 defeat against Ebusua Dwarfs which has also prevented them from being at the top spot by now.
- RTU have lost six matches, drawn four in all the 10 games played this season.
- RTU, who returned to the Ghana Premier League after a year in relegation, are still without a win this season after 10 games in the domestic top flight.
- Real Tamale United have been banned from playing their home matches at the Tamale Sports Stadium and only have four points this season.
- The Pride of the North are the only team that has conceded 18 goals in 10 matches outlining the weakest defense in the GPL.