Medeama's hopes of going back to the summit will be tested at the T&A Park where they play debutants Amidaus Professionals
Hudu, Apau, Aseidu, Ayirey
Immoro, Koomson, Nketiah, Anobaah
Amoah, Arthur, Koomson, Akuffo
Adjei, Yahaya, Morgan, Quansah
The title hopefuls started off the season in fine form and remained unbeaten in the first five games of the season winning four and drawing one, but their form has plummeted and they have lost the top spot in the league to Berekum Chelsea after losing two consecutive games, though they are still high up in the table in second place and are only one point behind the leaders and could go back on top of the table with a win if Chelsea fail to get maximum points in their game.
Amidaus seem to be struggling after a good start in the season. The debutants claimed four points from their opening two games results which included a draw in Kumasi against Kotoko but they went on to lose three and draw one of the next four matches only managing a win in their last outing to give them four points, a tally it took them just two games to amass at the beginning of the season.
The debutants are likely to keep the team that gave them their first win in four games barring any late injuries; while it is unlikely the Tarkwa-based club will be making many changes to the side that lost away to Liberty.
Immoro Kabiru and Theophilus Anobaah together account for four of Medeama’s seven goals this season and will be looking to get the team back on track.
Amidaus will most likely rely heavily on midfielder Yahaya Mohammed who has scored two-thirds of the team’s goals this season to pop up with another goal.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Medeama have been in the Ghana Premier League since the 2009-2010 season.
- They have finished in fourth place in their last two seasons having placed 10th in their debut season.
- No other team in the league has more wins than Medeama’s four (Chelsea also have four), while no other team has also drawn less games (1) than them ( Faisal and Edubiase have also drawn just once all season)
- Amidaus have lost three of their seven games so far this season, only Faisal, Edubiase and bottom club Arsenals have lost more (four each)
- This is Amidaus' debut premier league season and they have promised to cause a stir by the close of the term.