Pressure is still mounting on coach David Duncan after going into his last six games without a win and has to kick off the New Year on a rather positive note
Adade, Prempeh, Akowuah, Sulley
Nortey, Kwakye, Akoto, Annan
HEARTS OF OAK
Ansong, Ggagne, Bonsu, Suleiman
Ollenu, Abubakar, Alhassan, Acquah
The Phobians have so far had one of their worst campaigns as they lie in the relegation zone after 14 matches. With the final round of matches left to end the first round, the 20-time league champions are faced with fighting their way out of the relegation lounge or attracting more pressure on them until the second round resumes.
Coach David Duncan has not enjoyed a good start to his Hearts of Oak career after amassing seven points out of 24. In detail, he has won one match, drawn four and lost three. King Faisal managed to pick a 1-1 draw with local rivals Asante Kotoko last week and are bent on getting the better of Hearts of Oak on Sunday.
The premier league returnees are just three points above the Phobians as they continue to fight hard to protect their premiership status.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Despite their poor run, Accra Hearts of Oak are best attacking team in the league with 19 goals, the highest after 14 matches.
- The Phobians also have a very porous defense. The Accra giants have the second worst defense after RTU after conceding 23 goals.
- The Rainbow club is yet to record a win in their last six matches.
- Both teams have had the same technical direction this season. The teams are both under second managers.
- King Faisal are returning to the domestic top flight after spending a year in relegation and currently lie 11th with 17 points from 14 games so far.