The Porcupine Warriors are under pressure from their fans to end their chain of patchy results as they come up against their local rivals in Kumasi
Frimpong, Adusei, Sumaila, Ochaya
Akuffo, Brenya, Mpong, Helegbe
Osei, Nti Boakye
Adade, Prempeh, Akowuah, Sulley
Nortey, Kwakye, Akoto, Annan
They have failed to build on a consistent run of wins which of course has irked their supporters. Matches between the two Kumasi-based teams have always been dicey. Last season, fans were deprived of this kind of match since King Faisal spent the 2011-2012 campaign in the second-tier division.
At a point, they were among the bottom three until recent good performances which have contributed to their movement to the 10th position on the log. Kotoko’s problem has been the misfiring of the strikers and if the trend continues on Sunday, then their guests will end up giving them a tough fight.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Asante Kotoko were the only unbeaten side in the Glo Premier League until last weekend when Berekum Chelsea beat them 2-0 to end their invincibility record.
- The Porcupine Warriors still hold the record as the team with the highest number of draws in the league which is seven out of 13 matches.
- This is the first time the two teams are clashing in the league since the 2010-2011 season.
- King Faisal rejoined the league at the start of the season after they were relegated in the 2010-2011 campaign.
- Alhaji Karim Grunsah's side are 10th on the 16-team table after drawing four games, losing five and winning four out of 13 matches this term.