Both teams are looking good fitness-wise ahead of the Accra derby and both coaches should have a full squad to choose their starting team
HEARTS OF OAK
Ansong, Bonsu, Sulley, Ollenu
Abubakar, Ofori, Iddrisu, Sulleyman, Kingston
Naizer, Tuffour, Ayoma, Boahene
Antwi, Appiah, Ashia, Assifouh, Disserrama
The game though will prove to be a very tough one as Liberty have replaced Olympics as the city rivals of the Phobians. The scientific soccer lads are in good form too with 11 points out of a possible 15 in their last five games, and have won all their last three premier league games. Midfielder Kennedy Ashia leads the league in goals with six strikes, five of which have come in the last four games.
Sitting four points behind Liberty, the Phobians will be determined to improve on their performance which saw them earn a draw against rivals, Asante Kotoko. The Phobians have won only two of their seven games this season and last weeks scoreless game was the first time in the season where the Phobians failed to score. It also marked their first clean sheet in a season where the Rainbow boys have a negative goal difference despite scoring more goals than any other team in the competition.
The Phobia fans will be hoping Laryea Kingston continues his good form from last week and that Mahatma Otoo will be able to make the most out of it this time.
Both sides are looking good fitness-wise and both coaches should have a full squad to choose their starting team from.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Hearts of Oak are home to the most potent attack as well as the most porous defence in the league this season, scoring 11 times and conceding 12, though they share the latter record with Edubiase who have also shipped 12 goals.
- This leaves the Phobians with a negative goal difference despite being the most productive team in front of goal this season.
- Last weekends encounter with Kotoko in the league was the first time the Phobians failed to score this season and it also marked the first time they managed to keep a clean sheet also.
- Mahatma Otoo is Hearts of Oak’s top scorer with four goals, and he failed to find the back of the net in their Super Clash with Asante Kotoko last week.
- Liberty midfielder Kennedy Ashia has scored five times in his last four league games propelling him to the top of the goal scoring chart.
- Liberty are on a good run of form and are unbeaten in their last five games, a run which includes two draws and three wins, all of which have come in the last three games.
- Liberty completed the double over Hearts last season winning 2-0 at home and 1-0 away.