Both sides look to steady the boat after a brief break as the season edges closer to the halfway stage
Quainoo, Asamoah, Lartey, Karim
Akowuah, Amoah, Kore, Akuffo
Oniku, Ankorful, Owusu, Atamah
Ojier, N. Akaminko, Ojier M., Huzeifa
TEMA YOUTHMensahOniku, Ankorful, Owusu, Atamah Bioh, Akaminko, Ojier, KonnyAppiah, Narh
A win for the Harbour Boys will see them distance themselves from the relegation strugglers, with the Tema boys sitting four places above 14th placed King Faisal but with just two points more. A defeat, however, could see them dragged into the relegation battle, a situation they will be doing their best to avoid, especially when they take into consideration their recent poor form.
The Harbour Boys have not won a game in the league since a 2-0 win over Ebusua Dwarfs in October, losing two and drawing four of their six matches since.
After a tough run of three consecutive defeats threatened coach Yaw Acheampong’s position as manager of the club, Ashgold seem to have gotten themselves back on track with a win against coach David Duncan’s Hearts of Oak away from home on the last match day and will be looking to continue that run of form. The Miners lie sixth on the table and trail the league leaders by just five points.
Ashgold have David Telfer unavailable for this game through suspension.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Tema Youth are one of the youngest teams in the competition formed in 2005.
- Tema Youth have, however, surprisingly spent more time in the Premier League than in the lower divisions spending four out of seven years in the elite division.
- The Harbour Boys are, however, without a win in six games this season a run dating back to the latter parts of October.
- Francis Narh is Tema Youth’s leading goal scorer and has scored six times this term.
- Ashgold’s Yakubu Mohammed has four and is the Miners’ top scorer in the league this season but the forward has drawn a blank in the team’s last five games.
- The Miners have been running a consistent cycle of results after drawing their first three games, winning the next three and losing the three matches directly after that.